An example of a false accusation against a priest

• Thread starter Thread starter INRI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
False accusations don’t just happen to Priests.

I came home from work in 1984 and found a letter from my neighborhood courthouse in my mailbox. Thought nothing of it. Inside it stated I was required to come to a district courthouse on such and such a date with no explanation.

When I showed up it seems that a long lost girlfriend of mine (over twelve years in the past) had some automobile damage and was seeking damages from me. Since I had nothing to do with it and had no idea where she was currently living I refused to comply. It went to court, I was found guilty of something I had nothing to do with, I refused to pay (that would have been an admission of guilt), I spent two days in the county lock-up for contempt of court, and I have a felony record dogging me for the rest of my life. She had no witnesses or evidence against me, just her verbal complaint, and I was found guilty out of sheer judicial hubris and momentum.

Nothing like first hand experience with our court system to really impress upon a citizen the danger the American legal system poses to Americans.

Unfortunately I am able to emphasize with the Priest in this article.

What a disturbing story. I fear there are probably many more stories like that and we just don’t hear about them all. It’s a shame that our country has become a “guilty until proven innocent” society. The Church has been persecuted over the centuries and this is apparently one of the current methods of persecution that tries to discredit holy priests and the Church.

Let us pray more fervently for the Church and all the priests who serve the Church amidst the trials of our times.

God bless all priests!

:gopray2:

This stuff boils my blood. Not to lessen father’s situation I’ve got a little story about this ****.

Heh, I was fired for sexual harrassment, and she tried to bring charges aginst me as well. The prosecuter tossed it out as horse-phooey, the State tossed it out as horse-phooey, I had to go thorough a bunch of legal **** with my former employer and they eventuly tossed it out as horse-phooey.

The problem? Small town. We lost our house, car, and damn near everything else because I was unable to find employment, everyone knew why I was fired. Sucks to eat one meal every other day because you canot afford anything else, watering down the kid’s juice so it will last longer, pawing everythign you can find so you can get teh water turned back on. Recieved several threats from her father, even one near physicial altercation, good thing It didn’t esclatete because I probably would have killed him I was under so much stress. Ended up moving halfway across the state just to find a job. And then I to hear from my lawer that we can’t do anything about the slander, ARGH!

This stuff happens all the time. We live in a society of victims, everyone loves a good story, expecialy when sex is involved. Evidence? HAH! Spin a good tell that’s all we really want. Bastard children of Satan, the father of lies.

God will judge them, and may He have more mercy upon them than I would.

40.png
Blanka:
What a disturbing story. I fear there are probably many more stories like that and we just don’t hear about them all. It’s a shame that our country has become a “guilty until proven innocent” society. The Church has been persecuted over the centuries and this is apparently one of the current methods of persecution that tries to discredit holy priests and the Church.

Let us pray more fervently for the Church and all the priests who serve the Church amidst the trials of our times.

God bless all priests!

:gopray2:
It suddenly came out at a small University I worked at that an administrator was accused of attempted rape.

This was scandalous! And for two whole weeks this professional suit & tie guy was walking around as an accused attempted rapist before it was cleared up.

It seems he simply held the door open for one of those left-wing lesbian ‘femi Nazis’ on campus, and she accused him of attempted rape! No kiddin!

O.K. so it was cleared up, but not for the administrator. His career suffered because of a simple false accusation, some of the mud stuck, and he left his now dead end job.

The truth must prevail

Our Priest has recently been removed from Priestly ministry because of abuse accusations, which had gone to Rome. Rome returned them to the diocese because there were inconsistencies in the one accusers claim as to what had happened 10 years ago on a CYO trip. Rome said it was up to the Archbishop to decide. This accuser filed no criminal charges & no one else has ever come forward. This priest has never had any thing negative on his record. Almost a year later the decision came down a few weeks ago at Saturday evening Mass. Our Priest who was removed from us abruptly almost a year ago is now not allowed to return to any ministry. "**He will not have his priestly faculties restored” & “will not be able to continue in any active priestly ministry” **We are all so upset about this decision as no one here or at any of his prior parishes believe he did anything wrong. False accusations & wrong decision in these cases are bringing irreparable damage to the Catholic Church & the world. The shortage of Priest will become the extinction of the Priesthood. We cannot let this happen. I pray that our Priest decides to appeal this unjust & wrong decision. I pray for the Archbishop whose final decision was made to placate the media & the local sexual abuse organizations & not to stand up for an innocent man. God bless all those falsely accused.
Yet another consequence of these false accusations is that no adult wants to have any contact with children for fear it will be later taken as abuse. This is very sad because some children & adults just need that caring hug. There are a lot of evil people out there that are lured by the almighty dollar. They would turn an honest caring comforting touch into a sordid abusive sick action & destroy that person’s life along with many others. I am not naive enough that I think that there are not some priests that do these horrible things but to assume that every accusation is true & be afraid to stand up for the innocent makes me sick & sad. It is easier to get rid of one priest that has been accused and pay the accuser off then to stand by the truth & say this person is innocent. The fear of more criticism of the Catholic Church is coloring the Churches decision in some of the cases. This fear is having devastating effects on our Church. I know the Church had looked the other way in the past in some instances & had transferred some priest around to other parishes just to hide or maybe avoid the fact that we have some molesters in the ranks but to sacrifice innocent people to try to make up for the hurt we have caused in the past is WRONG. Not that my two cents will make any difference to anyone but fear can’t replace truth and innocents.

False accusations can happen to anybody doing Gods’ work, even especially for doing Gods’ work, look at the general attitude towards anything Christian these days!

A priest is good target these days, the world seems to expect him to be perfect, when he is really good then they try to pull him down by any means possible, this is true in any Christian Church, any Pastor or Sheppard.

It’s a spiritual battle we fight, not a physical one, yet this spiritual battle is sometimes very hot indeed, as people can be influenced to see things that never happened, or do things they don’t really want to by the spiritual world. Gods’ spirit and angels do help us and protect us though, yet it is still a hard fight!

I’ll always find this false whitness stuff disgusting, it happened to many christians through history, we must just have faith and go forwards, knowing we have already won the fight through Christ Jesus’ Name

40.png
Trelow:
This stuff boils my blood. Not to lessen father’s situation I’ve got a little story about this ****.

Heh, I was fired for sexual harrassment, and she tried to bring charges aginst me as well. The prosecuter tossed it out as horse-phooey, the State tossed it out as horse-phooey, I had to go thorough a bunch of legal **** with my former employer and they eventuly tossed it out as horse-phooey.

The problem? Small town. We lost our house, car, and damn near everything else because I was unable to find employment, everyone knew why I was fired. Sucks to eat one meal every other day because you canot afford anything else, watering down the kid’s juice so it will last longer, pawing everythign you can find so you can get teh water turned back on. Recieved several threats from her father, even one near physicial altercation, good thing It didn’t esclatete because I probably would have killed him I was under so much stress. Ended up moving halfway across the state just to find a job. And then I to hear from my lawer that we can’t do anything about the slander, ARGH!

This stuff happens all the time. We live in a society of victims, everyone loves a good story, expecialy when sex is involved. Evidence? HAH! Spin a good tell that’s all we really want. Bastard children of Satan, the father of lies.

Code:
I am so sorry to hear your story…it is so awful to hear stuff lik ehtis happening…:crying:

Christ is risen…tuly He is risen!
Shoshana

40.png
Trelow:

Code:
I am so sorry to hear your story…it is so awful to hear stuff like this happening…:crying:

Christ is risen…tuly He is risen!
Shoshana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back