
Well, that sounds somehow accepted, but I need other Catholic members to confirm that.
The word HaSatan or Satan, is a very wicked adversary. Anyone can be an adversary as Jesus tells us in the New Testament - 25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny."
and again, about the ungrateful servant, "32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”
This was read in Sodom and Gomorrah - 20 Then the LORD said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.” …The people of the city brought testimony
against the city, they became the adversary.
I believe that Satan does stand before the judge (God) bringing testimony on what he knows and what he sees against the righteous but in the end (as the account from the book of Wisdom) - chapter 4, vs 15 “That his grace and mercy is with his saints, and that he hath respect unto his chosen” and in John 17 “9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours” and “Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name you gave me” **-edit- **… We know that Satan, and from the written account from the Garden, knows the law and how it was given out - if Satan knew the law from the garden then he knows about the laws at Mt Sinai. What did the serpent say to Eve - "“Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” - and in response to Eve’s reply, "4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” So yes, both Adam and Eve’s eyes where open, as scripture states, “7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked” - so what does this statement mean (as the serpent stated) “your eyes will be open” ??? - as sin causes blindness of the soul and mind so that we can’t receive God’s mercy and forgiveness.
So here’s the verse out of Job:
6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from? Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it. 8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
So where does this verse come back to us from - Israelites?
Isaiah 5:1-7 I will sing for the One I love a song about His vineyard: My Loved One had a vineyard on a fertile hillside. 2 He dug it up and cleared it of stones and planted it with the choicest vines. He built a watchtower in it, and cut out a winepress as well. Then He looked for a crop of good grapes, but it yielded only bad fruit. 3Now you dwellers in Jerusalem and men of Judah, judge between Me and My vineyard. 4 What more could have been done for My vineyard than what I have done for it? When I looked for good grapes, why did it yield only bad? 5 Now I will tell you what I am going to do with My vineyard:** I will take away its hedge, and it will be destroyed. I will break down its wall, and it will be trampled. 6 I will make it a wasteland, neither pruned nor cultivated, and briars and thorns will grow there. I will command the clouds not to rain on it. 7The vineyard of the LORD Almighty is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are the garden of His delight. And He looked for justice, but saw bloodshed; for righteousness, but heard cries of distress.**