Animals after death

  • Thread starter Thread starter lucky4075
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s more like the Church teaching that humans have supernatural souls, but not defining beyond that. There has never been a need to define beyond our own souls. We know what is, but we do not know what isn’t.

There is a very strong moral argument for the afterlife of animals - many animals exist only to suffer, and many animals exist who mostly suffer with little joy. It is illogical that a loving God would create innocent beings capable of suffering, then allowing them to suffer, perhaps even only to suffer, without that suffering being recompensed.

If people don’t believe animals can suffer, and that they only feel pain as an effect of neurotransmitters, then I suggest they run their dog’s paw through a blender and sit back and watch his face and how he experiences his pain and the betrayal of his trust.

If all creation is made for eventual salvation, then animals must be part of that. After all, it’s unlikely that God has limited space for all of us.
Simply, concisely said, thank you. That is what I believe.👍👍👍
 
If the Bible is silent on my beloved hound’s afterlife, why is anyone here so definitive about whether or not I get to see him again? I find it rather presumptuous that Catholics can seek to limit God’s rewards for us, which may well include our loved animals. We should not limit the possibility of what lies waiting for those of us who die in God’s friendship. For some of us, the prospect of being reunited with one’s deceased, much-loved dog is a cause for far more joy than, say, meeting some extended family members.

Our God is kind and I cannot think that God is unaware that, in my case anyway, I would appreciate seeing my dogs again.

I should add that I have had my young niece and nephew turned off Catholicism because their parish priest told them, not long after their dog died, that they would never see the dog again.
God knows what my animals have done and do for me. Animals are God’s creatures and God care for them too so I do not see Him watching their suffering with sorrow and letting them just disappear forever.

I hope your niece and nephew come to understand that it is not Christ’s church but people who see animals in that way.
 
I find it interesting how some people seemed threatened by the idea of animals in heaven…God is merciful to ALL his creation- including animals. I believe He has a special place in heaven for them. Why are some people so threatened by that idea?🤷
I see that. They do not have to believe so but they appear to force the rest of us to follow their thinking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top