Animals - God's creation

  • Thread starter Thread starter friardchips
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

friardchips

Guest
Hi anyone who loves animals! 🙂

I was in a gathering of people the other day, all of whom I knew well, and all are baptised Catholics. Now I am in the understanding that animals are also God’s little creatures - I love… cats, horses etc…and tend to think of them as vulnerable creatures despite some being bigger and stronger than others and sometimes if mistreated by some owners can be a little aggressive. But I think God has a reason for all of His creation to be in existence.

What I was dismayed to see, was people whom I knew well, playing videos from youtube, mostly I think from the U.K, where people put voices to the animals and have, say for example, cats playing with one another, which is fine, but then there will be an overdub of someone doing an impression of cat’s voices, often swearing, as if trying to make out that these animals are base and horrid, in an attempt to lower creatures to the individual’s own malicious ideas of themselves and the world around.

I find these videos a knock against the real beauty found in the animal kingdom and nature etc…sure, nature can be ruthless, but this is all part of the cycle of life. I tend to think that if we treat animals with love they respond as fun little friends and sometimes their reactions are humorous which reveals an essence of the gentle humour of God.

Interested to see if others find this trend of youtube videos a bit nauseating or not?
 
Hi anyone who loves animals! 🙂

I was in a gathering of people the other day, all of whom I knew well, and all are baptised Catholics. Now I am in the understanding that animals are also God’s little creatures - I love… cats, horses etc…and tend to think of them as vulnerable creatures despite some being bigger and stronger than others and sometimes if mistreated by some owners can be a little aggressive. But I think God has a reason for all of His creation to be in existence.

What I was dismayed to see, was people whom I knew well, playing videos from youtube, mostly I think from the U.K, where people put voices to the animals and have, say for example, cats playing with one another, which is fine, but then there will be an overdub of someone doing an impression of cat’s voices, often swearing, as if trying to make out that these animals are base and horrid, in an attempt to lower creatures to the individual’s own malicious ideas of themselves and the world around.

I find these videos a knock against the real beauty found in the animal kingdom and nature etc…sure, nature can be ruthless, but this is all part of the cycle of life. I tend to think that if we treat animals with love they respond as fun little friends and sometimes their reactions are humorous which reveals an essence of the gentle humour of God.

Interested to see if others find this trend of youtube videos a bit nauseating or not?
There are many good things on Youtube, but there a lot of things that are just stupid. Just stop watching them, they don’t help you in any way. There are humans who are dumber than the beasts that populate our world.

Linus2nd
 
+1, just don’t watch it.

We’d never live life if we stopped to react to everything negative out there.

ICXC NIKA.
 
Ya, I agree with you.
My pet peeve is the ones with the fainting goats and people are purposely jumping out and scaring them to make them fall over for the camera. I have fainting goats and try not to spook them at all.
I try to avoid youtube videos of animals unless they are from an animal friendly site.
 
There are many good things on Youtube, but there a lot of things that are just stupid. Just stop watching them, they don’t help you in any way. There are humans who are dumber than the beasts that populate our world.

Linus2nd
I normally go for listening to music on there. This was thrust in my face, not for the first time.
 
Ya, I agree with you.
My pet peeve is the ones with the fainting goats and people are purposely jumping out and scaring them to make them fall over for the camera. I have fainting goats and try not to spook them at all.
I try to avoid youtube videos of animals unless they are from an animal friendly site.
Thank you for this post! Nice to hear of someone who treats animals in a kind way. Exactly the sort of thing that grates - I have read that often animals behave in ways like those seen in videos when they are distressed and probably due to their owners not showing them enough love. Sometimes they are innocently playing and sometimes anxious. A lot of the time these videos contain a suggestion of abuse to animals, but in an indirect way (sometimes direct).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top