D
Dancelittleewok
Guest
Has anyone here seen the anime Ergo Proxy and would like to discuss it? It really makes ya think…
I’m familiar with typical anime plottingI will forewarn you that some episodes make you go “WTF! Were they on opium when they wrote this?!?” But overall, the series has many allusions to philosophy and religion, sometimes the answers beg more questions.
Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments: Lain, Studio 4C’s Comedy (a ten-minute fairytale short), Robot Carnival, Jin-Roh, Paranoia Agent; for manga, like I said above, anything Tsutomu Nihei’s ever done. I don’t watch a whole lot of anime nowadays so I might be missing a fewWhat are your favorite animes?
I haven’t really got into manga but it would be good to check him out. The manga/anime I really wanna see is Death Note. I’ve only heard but one of the animes listed: Paranoia Agent. I saw it on Adult Swim awhile back and enjoyed. I really like that anime/manga pushes original thought yet creates believable realistic characters. My fav animes are: Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell among others. Oh yeah! You can also watch Ergo Proxy every Friday at midnight on Fuse TV.I’m familiar with typical anime plotting
Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments: Lain, Studio 4C’s Comedy (a ten-minute fairytale short), Robot Carnival, Jin-Roh, Paranoia Agent; for manga, like I said above, anything Tsutomu Nihei’s ever done. I don’t watch a whole lot of anime nowadays so I might be missing a few![]()
…About killing the idiots that wrote it.Has anyone here seen the anime Ergo Proxy and would like to discuss it? It really makes ya think…
Taht seems like a rash judgement. I mean,why is a tv show any different from any other form of artistic expression? If a book can make you think, why can’t a movie or a play or yes even a tv show. That reponse seems a bit narrowminded. Also, Dr. venture is supposed to be a twisted parody on Dr Quest from Johnny quest. I guess Ikari and Venture are similar in that they are both Doctors who are quite bitter and alienate their children. But unlike Ikari, Venture is a complete hack who’s scientific experience fail like half the time.…About killing the idiots that wrote it.
No, I’m sorry…I just hate those words, “it makes you think.” It makes me wanna say, “If you need a TV show to make you think, shouldn’t you be in the care of professionals?”
I’m not directing that at you; I just hate when people say it. It’s one of those things lots of people say that sounds stupid if you actually look at its meaning.
As to Ergo Proxy, I thought it was a convoluted, badly-paced rehash of the plots from the Appleseed manga–and the art’s ugly.
It alludes to philosophy and religion…but doesn’t really get into any depth. The only philosophy I’ve ever seen an anime do justice to is existentialism, and I admit they do, in fact, get that spot-on. Gaara from Naruto, Sanzo from Gensoumaden Saiyuki, Valgaav from Slayers TRY, heck even Barry the Chopper from FullMetal Alchemist–all perfectly existentialist, and yet wholly believable (admittedly Sanzo’s is Zen-Existentialist, but that’s like saying Catholic-Phenomenologist).
Except Shinji, from Evangelion. Angsting every time you start to do something, in such a manner as to make it likely everyone you care about will die, is not existentialist; it’s just moronic.
But has anyone noticed his dad looks like Dr. Venture, but with hair?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...kimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Gendo_Ikari.jpg