Announcer Don Pardo Dies At 96

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamewell45
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gamewell45

Guest
Famed NBC Announcer Don Pardo has passed away at the age of 96. Known as the voice of the late night comedy show “Saturday Night Live”, Pardo was a fixture as the announcer for each season, except for the 1981-82 season when announcer Mel Brandt did the announcing chores. He retired from the announcing staff in 2004, but continued to work SNL in as a freelancer up to his death.

nytimes.com/2014/08/19/nyregion/don-pardo-the-voice-of-saturday-night-live-dies-at-96.html?_r=0

Having worked with Don since 1979 I can tell you that he loved his work was a true professional and a master of his craft.

May he rest in peace!
 
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.
 
What a great voice that man had! I remember Don Pardo from his days with game shows. When he first went to SNL, I already was familiar with him. RIP, Don-- We have some lovely parting gifts…
 
I have enjoyed listening to him all my life. May he Rest In Peace.

DGB
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top