Hi Everybody, I am also going through the annulment process in L.A. There was a problem that I was assigned to a different priest and a different parish by my Tribunal Advocate. When I called the Advocate he was totally clueless. So I sent him my second set of papers with my parish priest signing the papers who is helping me. I also sent him a Church Newsletter with the printed name of my church and the printed name of my priest because the Advocate didn’t seem to know that my catholic church exsisted.LOL.
My Advocate sounds like a senior who should be retired from working at the Tribunal. Yes, I am being very critical of the process and the mistakes that the Tribunal makes.
This is why I am asking all of you to pray that the L.A. Tribunal does a better job of processing the annulment papers and also stays in touch with all the L.A. Catholic parishes with the latest information that is needed for an annulment.
My church still had the old annulment papers that have been revised recently by the L.A. Tribunal. The process fees have gone up and I paid the old process fee that was accepted by the Tribunal. So… that was good. Plus, I had to pay more money for the next set of papers that needed to be sent to the Tribunal. Plus, they said in my letter that if there were extra fees due to asking a doctor or a counselor to speak to me that it would cost me $75. per hour. I had to sign papers saying I would pay it. But I have 100% insurance to pay for therapy counselors. If I have to see a counselor I will ask the Tribunal that I plan to pay it with my insurance.
My two witnesses are out of town working and will not return until sometime in December.
That will slow down my annulment too.
I was hoping to get my annulment before Christmas so it would be a gift to my ex-spouse who is Catholic and married to his Catholic wife. They are able to attend church but not receive the presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
I would like for my annulment to open the door for my ex-spouse to get married by the Catholic church. He got married by the civil court.
My ex-spouse is very ill and is an alcoholic that is creating medical problems for him. He is too ill to file for the annulment so my adult son asked me to do it for his father.
My marriage was not blessed by God so I have a good case. We were both teenagers wanting to get away from our alcoholic parents. There were a lot of other problems too.
I do not wish to get married again because I have physical and psychological problems.
It doesn’t really matter to me how long my annulment takes to be granted because I have plenty of time to get it done. Plus, it seems like my case will be taking some time due to all of the information I sent to the Tribunal.
I think my Tribunal Advocate is thinking…Oh my gosh! He most likely put my case file under the easier cases.LOL. I truly believe that because I wrote a lot of pages telling my life story before and after my marriage it will take longer to check things out to see if it is the truth.
Looking back I think I should have written some simple answers on the questions.
As you all can see… I love to write and tell my annulment story. Please pray for me. Lucia