Another Christian Board--Could use some help

• Thread starter Thread starter Cat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cat

If I am not allowed to do this on this Forum, then I willingly concur with the moderators who might delete this thread.

I am a member of another Christian (Protestant) board. They all know my story, and that I am a converted Catholic. (I’ve been part of that Board for over a year, and my husband before that.)

I have currently started a thread in the Marriage and Theology Section called “How Do You Decide?”

I started this Thread because another thread about Old Testament Law vs. Grace got warmer and more controversial until it was finally deleted. I had not joined in the argument on that thread, but had merely posted the question, “Who has the authority to decide which of these many “opinons” about Scripture is the correct Word of Truth?” So when the thread was deleted, my question was deleted, too.

Of course, the few people who are answering my question are saying, “It’s up to each individual to decide.” And one gentleman maintains that “the church” can judge people who have “stepped over the line.”

What church?!

Anyway, you can see where I’m trying to take this thread. I’m trying to get Christians (Protestants) to realize that God HAS given a Church authority to decide on moral issues and doctrines, and that it’s not “up to each individual” to be their own Pope.

Perhaps some of you would like to join that Board and jump into the fray with me! There are very few Catholics on that Board. The Rules of Membership imply that only “Scriptural” arguments may be used, so it’s kind of difficult for me to know how to respond sometimes. I could use some knowledgeable help on that Board! I am only trying to help other Christians to get to a point where they will examine seriously the Catholic Church. It is hard to be in the minority, and I wish more Catholic Christians would jump on board and demonstrate to Protestants our “Ephesians 4: 14-16!”

The address of the forum is www.familylife.com

Go to the Marriage and Theology section of the Forum and you will find my thread. My moniker is Cat in the Window.

Thanks!

And again, if this kind of thing isn’t allowed on this Forum, I apologize.

Hi Cat,

I will certainly try, although most of the time it seems like hitting my head against a brick wall. As a revert, the CC, its authority, and Tradition, seem so clear and Scriptural when people go and actually look!

But I’ll give it a go.

God Bless
Maria

Sorry, Cat.

Poked around there for a bit, but couldn’t find your thread.

Could you post the web page address for your particular thread?

Peace in Christ…Salmon

God bless all of you for trying, and I hope you have more wisdom than I do. At the moment, this looks like one of those threads that everyone is going to back away from because they don’t want to have their comfortable beliefs challenged. For years I’ve noticed that “Avoidance of controversy” is more important to many Protestants than “Seeking and Finding the Truth.”

If you spot any arrogance on my postings on that board, can you please tell me? I try to be kind in my postings, but I don’t think I’m very good at “gentleness.” Thanks.

Cat:

It’s hard to sound “gentle” when the message is “My Church is right and yours is wrong. You have part of the truth. We have all of the truth.”

I’d come help, but I’d have to challenge their premise that everything we need to know about God and our salvation is contained in the Scriptures. Sola Scriptura is a colossal untruth that has led many souls astray. I’ve been waiting for a Protestant to define “the Scriptures” without having reference to the list drawn up by the Catholic Church.

😃 Peace, Jay

40.png
Cat:
God bless all of you for trying, and I hope you have more wisdom than I do. At the moment, this looks like one of those threads that everyone is going to back away from because they don’t want to have their comfortable beliefs challenged. For years I’ve noticed that “Avoidance of controversy” is more important to many Protestants than “Seeking and Finding the Truth.”

If you spot any arrogance on my postings on that board, can you please tell me? I try to be kind in my postings, but I don’t think I’m very good at “gentleness.” Thanks.
1Tim 3: 15 "so that if I should be delayed you will know what conduct befits a member of God’s household, the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of truth."What church do suppose Paul was talking about? The one established my Martin Luther 1500 years later or the one being established by him and the other apostles which we know has become the Catholic Church. By he way, it is worthwhile to read both letters to Timothy and not just snippets. God Bless

40.png
Cat:

1Tim 3: 15 "so that if I should be delayed you will know what conduct befits a member of God’s household, the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of truth."What church do suppose Paul was talking about? The one established my Martin Luther 1500 years later or the one being established by him and the other apostles which we know has become the Catholic Church. By he way, it is worthwhile to read both letters to Timothy and not just snippets. God Bless

Hey Cat,

I haven’t forgotten, I just haven’t gotten a password yet. I sent an email asking how long it takes. Funny this is, I got a response to the email, but still no password:rolleyes: . Oh well, I sent a follow up to see if I can get that darn password.

Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back