Another Gospel of Matthew ?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter slave_of_god
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slave_of_god

Guest
we all know about Gospel of Matthew.
I recently heard about another hidden Gospel of Matthew !
what do you know about that ?
Thanks.
 
we all know about Gospel of Matthew.
I recently heard about another hidden Gospel of Matthew !
what do you know about that ?
Thanks.
I have not heard anything about it but would be interested in reading it. However I would also like to state that because it was not included in the Canon by the Church this so called “Gospel” is not considered sacred scripture. There where hundreds of letters and books that were not included in the Canon when “The Church” was compiling the books and letters that would be included.

Peace!👍
 
we all know about Gospel of Matthew.
I recently heard about another hidden Gospel of Matthew !
what do you know about that ?
Thanks.
Are you talking/asking about the gospel of Pseudo-Matthew…???

It is belived to be written by the Gnostics - therefore it’s not in the Canon of Biblical Books

If you want to read more about it you can google it…

It is not sacred scripture.
 
My parish priest has a talk about the Gospel of Matthew. In it, he describes this theory for its origin:

The original book was written by St. Matthew as a catechism for Jewish Christians. When the Romans razed Jerusalem in 70 AD, they destroyed all Jewish writings they could, including the original Gospel of Matthew. The Jewish Christians, missing this Gospel, rewrote it from memory, using Mark as a guide.

I don’t know the origin or development of this theory. I also don’t know about “Pseudo-Matthew” except what little its Wikipedia entry says.
 
Ron Miller had a Catholic mother and a Protestant father. He was a member of the Society of Jesus (he says) but left the order when he had a ‘cognitive dissonance’ with the Catholic faith. He then married a woman, had children, later divorced her. He has a Ph.D. (but it’s a little murky as to what his credentials are and what credentials he has for claiming that the ‘hidden clues’ in the gospel of Matthew point to a ‘gnostic’ Jesus as per his other big seller about the ‘gospel of Thomas’. ) “Decades since its discovery my aunt Fanny”, that gnostic piece of. . .dreck has been known for centuries but people knew it was dreck. Unfortunately a lot of people today lack the kind of education and critical thinking that were once far more common, and so fall for all sorts of ‘gospels for the itching ears crowd.’

The man might be able to write decently; well, many people have that skill. Perhaps he’s a good public speaker. So what? I’ve known people who were able to ‘speak with the tongues of angels’ and leave people weeping. They were ACTORS. Very capable actors. That’s part of what makes a good actor --the ability to have people believe in the part you’re PLAYING. Doesn’t make what you are saying or presenting true though.

Sheesh, it’s like pulling out a Chick tract and saying that THIS is a 'hidden gospel of Matthew". I could probably cobble together a best-seller ‘hidden gospel’ using the equivalent of Mad Libs provided I used enough of the popular buzz words and made sure to play the “I was raised Catholic” card. . .

Bah.
 
we all know about Gospel of Matthew.
I recently heard about another hidden Gospel of Matthew !
what do you know about that ?
Thanks.
Absolute rubbish. How could anyone be so gullible or stupid to believe something like that!
 
Absolute rubbish. How could anyone be so gullible or stupid to believe something like that!
I don’t believe our OP, “slave of god” is stupid…

From what I’ve seen regarding prior replies from the OP is that I believe he is of islamic faith and most muslims do not know much about Christianity.
 
I don’t believe our OP, “slave of god” is stupid…

From what I’ve seen regarding prior replies from the OP is that I believe he is of islamic faith and most muslims do not know much about Christianity.
My remark was not personal to the OP. It was general and it gave a choice between gullible and stupid!
 
Thanks to everyone
I have found that book by Google and I’m going to discover it.
I think it will be interesting !
skylightpaths.com/page/product/978-1-59473-172-3
The server’s down at the moment but the site description and title of the target page “The Lost Sayings of Jesus Teachings from Ancient Christian, Jewish, Gnostic and Islamic Sources.” I’d say it is not worth the time except for an apologist seeking to refute the non-Christian sources.

Skylight Paths appears to be clearinghouse of pan-religious writings. (“Spiritual books for people of all faiths, all backgrounds.”) I wouldn’t bother looking for a Nihil Obstat on anything they offer - just take it for granted there isn’t one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top