Another Host on Ebay

• Thread starter Thread starter washermfg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

washermfg

Today (4/29/05) appeared Ebay item # 6174833383 claims to be a host consecrated by JPII. I have filed a complaint with Ebay please also do what you can!

Link: cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6174833383

It amazes me that our Lord not only humbles himself to the point of food for us, but in such a defenseless way that he can be abused to the point of being bought and sold.

I can’t even log my complaint! Is anyone else having this problem? The person has clearly been encouraged by the last listings because he says if you’re Catholic, don’t send me hate mail- buy the Host to rescue it. Sick.

Here is the cut and paste of the seller’s comments:

“And all you catholic, don’t send me hatemale. If you really are a catholic you would safe this item”

I think we can at least stop this seller on the threatening tone alone. I just engaged in a live chat with an eBay representative and asked if seller’s are allowed to target specific groups in a negative way. When she asked for clarification, I asked if someone is allowed to target Catholics and make statements such as the one quoted above to sell an item. If eBay is looking for a face-saving out, this is certainly it. I’m also going to file a complaint if I can get it to go through.

40.png
Eden:
Here is the cut and paste of the seller’s comments:

“And all you catholic, don’t send me hatemale. If you really are a catholic you would safe this item”
Well that strikes as baiting and cashing in doesn’t it???

Look, I have a sacred item, and instead of complaining, you just better buy it to keep it safe! :eek: What a guy.

I hope “Jenni” from the Ebay live chat follows through on my inquiry. I’m trying to log a complaint but it won’t recognize the item # although I have checked, re-checked and checked again! Here is my very inarticulate complaint that I wish to send. Since Ebay has already shown that they don’t understand the theological objection to the sale of consecrated Hosts, I didn’t even bother trying that angle:6174833383

The listing of a Host supposedly consecrated by Pope John Paul II contains the following nefarious disclaimer “And all you catholic, don’t send me hatemale. If you really are a catholic you would safe this item”. Firstly, I believe this kind of statement is in violation of ebay seller rules and it is intimidating and threatening in tone. Also, this item is either fraudulent or stolen. If it is fraudulent, the person purchased unconsecrated hosts from a Catholic store (you can buy these in bulk for children practicing for their First Holy Communion) OR this is stolen property. This Host belongs to the Church and is distributed for the sole purpose of its consumption at the Mass. If the item was removed from the Church property, it is now stolen goods and illegal for sale. To put it in an everyday context, if I want to use your coffeemaker at ebay to get a cup of coffee, I am using your property in the way you intended. If I decide that I want to have coffee from your coffeemaker in my own home and take your coffeemaker with me out the front door of the ebay offices, I now have stolen property. It’s the same thing- intent of use with the religious context removed. Please do something about this “monster” that is growing. That monster being the approved sale of Catholic Hosts on ebay. I’m still hoping you will ban these sales. I’ll have to close my account otherwise. Thank you.

Eden
  • I still can’t get my complaint through.

This has got to be a crime even in Finland.

I don’t want to sound like a ninny but anyone out there got $2000 to random our Lord?

It is a three day auction with two days left. At this point there are no bids.

It seems to be down now, thankfully; the link you posted isn’t valid anymore.

It’s been removed! It says it’s been removed!!! Click on the link everyone! 🙂

Maybe they have gotten the point:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I would like to see a policy in force to stop this or I will NEVER use them again:mad:

40.png
Eden:
It’s been removed! It says it’s been removed!!! Click on the link everyone! 🙂
Great. But, who says that it was actually a consecrated Host? The seller? Would you take his word?

I’m convinced that this is a pure fraud, with someone selling ordinary buy-'em-at-any-Catholic-or-Protestant-religious-goods-store Lord’s Supper wafers.

When I cancelled my account after the last episode and I did not get any satisfaction, they did send this email to me, I thought it was rather threatening actually. I had always thought if they changed their policy that I would sign up again. They are really punishing us if we do that by not allowing us to sign up again. At any rate I did it and I have no recourse now. :

Hello ,

Thank you for writing back to us for assistance. I’m sorry to learn of your decision to close your account.Please be aware that when closing your account, your account will be blocked, the contact information will be concealed, and the member profile will no longer be available.

It is also important to realize that, once an account is closed, the
email address associated with this account cannot be used to open a new
eBay account. You can read more information about canceling an account
at the following web address:

:blessyou: Thanks to all, listing is gone now. Let’s all pray that if this was truly our Lord, that the person who has him does the right thing NOW!

I closed my evilbay account today. I will not participate in the marketplace that sells Jesus Christ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back