D
dalcent
Guest
When I was a university student my fundamentalist Muslim room-mate from Turkey used to pray towards me. My bed was in the way of Mecca: it was a bit disconcerting. He probably didn’t realise that he was praying towards the Temple of the Holy Spirit.
I remember the weekend this full-bearded 19-year old wrangled an invitation to spend a weekend at my parents home. My dad was unimpressed that he called the U.S.A. the ‘Great Satan’ but was more bothered that he wanted to cut off dad’s cat’s ear: Apparently Allah is perfect and the perfection of a cat is an affront to Allah. So the ear had to go. I do not jest!
We’d walk round London’s Hyde Park as pals and watch the debates at the famous Speaker’s corner especially the Christian-Muslim “dialogue”. Our friendship was commended by those who saw nothing but bitter acrimony between our religions.
When he returned to Turkey he wailed and beat his chest at the end of our friendship: and insisted I never send him a Christmas card! Quite sad really. Maybe the Muslims are like ‘the poor’ they’ll always be with us. They are certainly unresponsive to the Gospel however directly it is delivered to them.
I remember the weekend this full-bearded 19-year old wrangled an invitation to spend a weekend at my parents home. My dad was unimpressed that he called the U.S.A. the ‘Great Satan’ but was more bothered that he wanted to cut off dad’s cat’s ear: Apparently Allah is perfect and the perfection of a cat is an affront to Allah. So the ear had to go. I do not jest!
We’d walk round London’s Hyde Park as pals and watch the debates at the famous Speaker’s corner especially the Christian-Muslim “dialogue”. Our friendship was commended by those who saw nothing but bitter acrimony between our religions.
When he returned to Turkey he wailed and beat his chest at the end of our friendship: and insisted I never send him a Christmas card! Quite sad really. Maybe the Muslims are like ‘the poor’ they’ll always be with us. They are certainly unresponsive to the Gospel however directly it is delivered to them.
