Anti-Christ

• Thread starter Thread starter bones_IV
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
the anti-Christ is here - I dated him 4 years ago!!

seriously though speculating about this and other apocalyptic things is silly and doesn’t bring us closer to Christ, who Himself does not know when the end of time will come. Also there is 1John 4:1-6

“by this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus CHrist has come in the flesh is from God and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming and now it is already in the world.”

the anti-Christ is referred to as a spirit that does not confess CHrist as Lord - it is not referred to as a person such as a president or a pope. St John also says that the anti-Christ is here now, i.e. the first century. It seems to me that what St John has in mind regarding the anti-Christ is that it is a power, in the Greek “pneuma” literally “a breath.” It’s not easy to figure out what exactly the evangelist means here, but it really doesn’t sound like he’s talking about a flesh and blood person like you or me.

If you read 1 john2 vs 22. You will see that the anti Christ is all around us.It includes many of our own friends. Who is the Anti Christ? Vs.22 says Who is a Liar?. He who denies that Jesus is the Christ. HE IS THE ANTI CHRIST. I guess we dont have to look to far. :eek: God Bless

starrs and spokenword, You are both right!

The Anti-Christ is a person but there is also the spirit of the anti-christ, which is very prevalent in our day.

1 John 4:3
every spirit which does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

So, it is both.

Blessings

CCC: 675 Before Christ’s second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers. The persecution that accompanies her pilgramage on earth will unveil the “mystery of iniquity” in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh. That is CCC and this is Bible;

Saints Quoted From the Bible describing the Beast/Weblings St. Paul; “…he shall be revealed in his own time…accompanied by all the power and signs and wonders at the disposal of falsehood…by every seduction the wicked can devise…God is sending upon them a perverse spirit…” St. Daniel; “It was raised from the ground to stand up on two feet, like a man and given a human mind. To this Beast dominion was given.” St. John The Divine; “…the Beast was given a mouth for uttering proud boasts. …a certain wisdom is needed here; …with a little ingenuity anyone can, calculate the number of the Beast…Worship God alone!” In the Traditional Hebrew of Christ’s time, like Roman Numerals, letters represented numbers. W was 6. Do the math…IHS Daryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back