Anti Christian ACLU at it Again?

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

The ACLU’s support of a legal precedent used to gain recognition of a student homosexual group has reversed now that the ruling is being used to back the rights of a Christian club on campus, claims a public-interest law firm. The Associated Student Body at Kentridge High School in Kent, Wash., has rejected the Truth Bible Club because it required all members to adhere to a code of Christian conduct and voting members to sign a statement of faith. Also, the name of the club was deemed “offensive” and “proselytizes.”

(Excerpt) Read more at worldnetdaily.com

It seems like the civil liberty of free association is being denied to that group. Isn’t there an organization out that allegedly exists to protect civil liberties?:rolleyes:

I went to Catholic school and graduated from a Catholic high school. If Christians want that kind of education for their children, I don’t understand why they don’t send them to a Christian school???

40.png
Thekla:
I went to Catholic school and graduated from a Catholic high school. If Christians want that kind of education for their children, I don’t understand why they don’t send them to a Christian school???
Many can’t pay for it.

We are talking about a student group here though. Are you saying that homosexual groups are fine but Christian groups are not? That is what I think the ACLU is saying.

I guess I just get tired of the incessant whining; I hear it all the time about more prayer in the schools and I wonder why they don’t set up a school system like the Catholic schools.

My grandparents paid for Catholic school for 5 kids and they all sent their kids to Catholic school (including a family with 9 children.) If it’s important, you’ll pay for it. Public schools are fine, but it’s always been a priority in our family to go the Catholic school route.

People should be allowed to pray in public school, they just shouldn’t be forced to pray. I think that’s fair. No one is being forced to join this group.

40.png
Thekla:
I guess I just get tired of the incessant whining; I hear it all the time about more prayer in the schools and I wonder why they don’t set up a school system like the Catholic schools.

My grandparents paid for Catholic school for 5 kids and they all sent their kids to Catholic school (including a family with 9 children.) If it’s important, you’ll pay for it. Public schools are fine, but it’s always been a priority in our family to go the Catholic school route.
Thekla,
It was much easier (though not easy) to keep your kids in Catholic School when your parents were young. When I attended Catholic school in the seventies, tuition was $8 per family per month. That’s right: $8 per family, regardless of the number of children in the family.

My husband and I paid almost $800 per month for three children. This does not include uniforms and student fees.

When I was young, almost every parish in town had a school. Today, most don’t. Many cities have almost no Catholic Schools.

More and more parents are turning to homeschooling, but this is not feasible for many.

Although it may seem as whining, many of us are concerned with the trend that penalizes students for expressing their faith in even non-disruptive ways. In many places, students are not permitted to wear crosses lest they offend someone. We used to live in a school district which banned candy canes during December. Many choirs and orchestras have banned many of the classical songs because they were viewed as religious.

Sorry if it sounds like whining. But, we’ve decided that if we are required to pay thousands of dollars each year to support the public schools, whether or not we use them, we will insist they meet our standards and do not actively teach our children that Christianity is antiquated and offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back