Antique Catholic Brass Monastery Bell

  • Thread starter Thread starter weppler1978
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a sacristy bell, hung on the door to the church from the sacristy and rung to indicate that Mass or some other liturgy is starting.

-ACEGC
 
In the monastery when I volunteer, they ring a bell like this at different times of day. I think it alerts the sisters of the schedule (come to meal, or prayer, or whatever), as they are mostly silent.

The ad says it’s a monastery bell, so it could be one.
 
Good Afternoon yall

Can anyone enlighten me at all on this antique brass bell? Looks like it would have been on a door maybe? Very ornate, can anyone tell me approx age on it? I want to buy it.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130795571492

Thanks & God bless

Bill
Well, Bill, I’d pass if I were you. It says “Medieval” on the listing and it isn’t. It’s a reproduction and a modern one, being as it is machine stamped “made in belgium.” I wouldn’t trust a seller on Ebay who either misleads people or is not savvy enough to know what he is selling!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top