Anxiety and Missing Mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter giuseppe96
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

giuseppe96

Guest
I’ve been suffering from both sleep deprivation and general anxiety lately. On top of that, I’ve put a lot of pressure on myself to be on top of everything while being a good Catholic. I had a panic attack last night and had trouble staying asleep all night. I slept through both of my alarms and didn’t go to the 5:30 pm Mass because I didn’t think I should be driving on the freeway in this condition. I love going to Mass and I didn’t want to miss. But I still feel that I did something wrong.
 
Sleep deprivation and anxiety are ailments. Don’t beat yourself up about not getting to Liturgy.

If you are not already seeing professional help for this, please do.
 
Illness that prevents one from assisting at Mass is not a sin. I hope you get well soon! Love from a fellow anxiety sufferer.
 
On behalf of others who ventured out of the house near you today I want to commend you for your sacrifice and wise decision to stay home so as not to endanger yourself or others. This is not sinful, but responsible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top