Any fans of Alfred Hitchcock?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7_Sorrows
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
7

7_Sorrows

Guest
I love so many of the movies directed by Alfred Hitchcock and I would have a difficult time singling one out as my favorite as I have several!
He worked with so many famous actors and actresses like James Stewart and Cary Grant and Sean Connery and Grace Kelly and Doris Day.

3 of my favorites are Rear Window, Dial M for Murder and Suspicion.
 
Geez, there are so many great films! But I have to say Rebecca, Notorious, Rear Window, Vertigo and Spellbound are my favorites. Again, so many!
 
Yes… also check out “I Confess.” “Vertigo” was good too.
 
I Confess and Notorius were good also.

Did he ditect Rebecca? That is a good movie.

I can see the movies over and over and even though I know exactly what will happen I still enjoy watching them.

I watched The Lodger the other night and it was a silent film!
He made movies for many decades!

The Birds really frightened me the first few times I saw it.
 
I love Hitchcock films, IMO he was the best film director along with Spielberg, but I’d give Hitchcock the edge. The music scores in his films were superb.

The Birds was excellent, I also liked Marnie and Strangers on a train.
 
He was the master of suspense I think and his characters were intriguing.

I like 2 of his older works Saboteur and Sabotage.

I was a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the Alfred Hitchcock Hour on television also. I wish they would rerun those episodes.
 
He was the master of suspense I think and his characters were intriguing.

I like 2 of his older works Saboteur and Sabotage.

I was a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the Alfred Hitchcock Hour on television also. I wish they would rerun those episodes./QUOTE]

Amen to that!!

He has to be the best director of all time…I’m surprised that my favorite hasn’t been mentioned yet - ‘North by Northwest’.
 
7 Sorrows;12480886:
He was the master of suspense I think and his characters were intriguing.

I like 2 of his older works Saboteur and Sabotage.

I was a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the Alfred Hitchcock Hour on television also. I wish they would rerun those episodes.
/QUOTE]

Amen to that!!

He has to be the best director of all time…I’m surprised that my favorite hasn’t been mentioned yet - ‘North by Northwest’.

Well I did mention Cary Grant who was in North by Northwest and Suspicion. In both of those films Cary Grant was at his best.
 
Rope. Based (loosely) on real events. It’s a good drama and there is no gore.
 
Rope. Based (loosely) on real events. It’s a good drama and there is no gore.
Rope is another favorite! Jimmy Stewart in a good role.
The two young men are creepy-especially the mastermind!
 
I am. I haven’t seen many of his movies but rented the DVDs from our library of his television shows.
I was a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the Alfred Hitchcock Hour on television also. I wish they would rerun those episodes.
For awhile I think this was on Netflix. Not sure if it is currently.
 
I thought that “Strangers On A Train” was very good.
👍

Shadow of Doubt with Joseph Cotten was another good one.
He comes up with characters that are always calculating and willing to rid the world of anyone that is an inconvenience.
 
Hitchcock is my favorite director and I have quite a few of his films on DVD.

This includes an 8-disc set of some of his earlier films (30s and 40s mainly) released by MGM Home Entertainment. My sister Adriana and her then-husband got it for me for Christmas a few years ago.

Been a while since I watched one of them, though. Maybe this weekend.

My favorite would probably be either North by Northwest, or the remake of The Man Who Knew Too Much.

In 2010 while I was vacationing in Orlando, I took advantage of a rare opportunity to see a Hitchcock movie on the big screen. It was “The Birds” – which I had not seen before. It was showing at the AMC Theater at Universal City Walk.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top