L
leonie
Guest
I’m designing a physical education course for my homeschooled high school kids. I have a 16 year old son who dislikes physical activity and esp. sports and a 15 year old girl who likes being active, likes recreational sports, but isn’t very competitive by nature.
I want to design the course so they can get into fitness habits and acquire knowledge that will help them throughout their lives.
We have a treadmill, some light hand weights (I could get some more), and a big yard. We don’t have a wii, btw. I don’t know if it’s worth it–getting the fitness program?
So, looking for resources: dvds, books, ideas. I’m going to have them do some reading as well as fitness activities.
One thing they are getting ready to do is a swing dancing class, so I’m going to include that.
I’m not very sporty myself, so I need a little help here!
Also, my 16 year really hates competitive sports, but I wondered if I should push learning some basketball skills so he could at least hang out with the guys…He’d really fight me on that.
Thanks!
I want to design the course so they can get into fitness habits and acquire knowledge that will help them throughout their lives.
We have a treadmill, some light hand weights (I could get some more), and a big yard. We don’t have a wii, btw. I don’t know if it’s worth it–getting the fitness program?
So, looking for resources: dvds, books, ideas. I’m going to have them do some reading as well as fitness activities.
One thing they are getting ready to do is a swing dancing class, so I’m going to include that.
I’m not very sporty myself, so I need a little help here!
Also, my 16 year really hates competitive sports, but I wondered if I should push learning some basketball skills so he could at least hang out with the guys…He’d really fight me on that.
Thanks!