Any good, non-threatening, charitable homosexual articles out there?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Odell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Odell

Guest
I know its near impossible sayinng anything about homosexuals without someone getting offended. However im looking for something that is non-threating that does more to support marriage; Catholic sense than condemning gay marriage.
 
I know its near impossible sayinng anything about homosexuals without someone getting offended. However im looking for something that is non-threating that does more to support marriage; Catholic sense than condemning gay marriage.
Fr. Michael Schmitz has a great talk just released by Lighthouse Catholic Media entitled "From Love, By Love, For Love. It is an excellent perspective on how the Church really views this issue.
 
Fr. Michael Schmitz has a great talk just released by Lighthouse Catholic Media entitled "From Love, By Love, For Love. It is an excellent perspective on how the Church really views this issue.
I plan on looking into this thanks!
 
I’d like to say that this is possibly the most gentle and loving response to the gay community in an era of heated rhetoric on both sides.

It doesn’t help when gays and lesbians march into churches flaunting their sexuality demanding a redefinition of marriage. But it doesn’t help either that the Church is being legalistic and rigid in response to homosexuals by randomly denying communion and funerals, establishing twelve step programs that ally with groups like Exodus International and NARTH.

There needs to be a middle of the ground approach (without compromising Church teachings of course). Los Angeles does that. Mahoney did that.

Sadly I get the feeling the Ministry to Gays and the HIV positive in Los Angeles will be squashed by Archbishop Gomez and replaced by ex-gay Courage. It’s happened in Oakland, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Hartford. It’s a shame Mahoney is retired. 😦
 
Check out Christopher West’s “Theology of the Body for Beginners”. 😉 If they’re opening to hearing the Pope’s approach to sexuality, it will revolutionise their understanding every sexual issue.
 
I hav elooked into all of these and they are all vary good! However the first one is really hard to beat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top