Any other fans of the Baltimore Catechisms?

• Thread starter Thread starter Flopfoot
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
tossolul:
What is a DRE? :o
“Director of Religious Education”.

Also raised on the Baltimore Catechism (and will raise mine on it…I’m 25). I bought myself a copy of it about 2 years ago (the middle school age level) and continue to learn (and brush up on) Church teaching from it.

I too find it more useful (sometimes) than even the CCC. It is simple, straightfoward, clear truth - which is all the typical layman like myself needs.

I wish every parish in every diocese implemented it in their Religious Ed. programs. Imagine what a difference that would make!

I’m one.

When I was eleven my mother took me out of public school and homeschooled me. She took it upon herself to have me memorize the entire Baltimore Catechism, questions and answers, from cover to cover. It took me a year, but I did it. It sparked in me a keen interest in the Faith.

For those who are teaching the Faith to children or youth they are ideal tools. There are many versions that go into greater depths as they progress. I’m indebted to my mother for her efforts on behalf of my schooling. Without her patience and steadfastness, I would be nowhere near as close to God as I am today.

God bless,

Agricola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back