Any Teenage Catholic converts/reverts?

• Thread starter Thread starter silverwings_88
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
waves arm I started to explore Catholicism when I was 13, and was officially initiated at 15. I’ll be eighteen just before my third anniversary. 👍

RoseMarie said:
waves arm I started to explore Catholicism when I was 13, and was officially initiated at 15. I’ll be eighteen just before my third anniversary. 👍

Waves back

Wow. Did you have your parents support you, or whatnot? And did you go through the RCIA like I did, or how did you receive your information and teaching?

What brought you to the Catholic Church when you were younger, and what pulled you there at such an age? What was your faith background before that?

So many questions… heheheh! There’s never enough questions for a convert or revert! 🙂

Haha. My mother supported me anywhere that didn’t cost much in gas.

I did a sort of accelerated RCIA thing because I was already very familiar with Church teaching and customs.

I don’t know, exactly. I know I went to a Catholic Vacation Bible School thing when I was five (my poor statue of OL Grace ended up in the wash machine), but when I was 13 we went to a nondenominational church.

I think I was curious about Catholics in general then, because I didn’t know any. A Sunday School teacher who gabbled on about how Catholics pray to “St Moses or whatever” and mimicked a rosary as waving her hands in the hair and shrieking “Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary” rather sent me over the edge as far as that went, and I started attending Mass the next Sunday 😛

I switched to a conservative Lutheran church after a few months (silly nondenom theology came back and bit me in the doubter’s heinie), and was baptised and confirmed there. I started doubting that too… so I went back to attending Mass. I couldn’t do RCIA at my usual parish - the director said I was too young! I didn’t know how to appeal to the bishop either, so I called around and found a parish in the next town that was more than willing. I did my pre-initiation teaching from June to September of 2003, and was formally “brought in” on 6 September. There you have it :o

I was a really bizarre convert, I think. I got most of my information from books… most of which were written before Vatican II… among other things I had the idea that were a Host to be dropped, the poor priest would have to lick it up and then lick the floor for the crumbs.

I am a an 18 year old revert… I messed around with a bunch of different religions for about a year (even converting to Islam for about a week) and then I came back to Catholicism. I have always found that it is easiest to talk to God, to meet Christ, when you are at the lowest point in your life. I hit the bottom hard and that is where God came to me.

+JMJ+

My father and I are recent converts to Holy Mother Church.We were recieved into the church Easter of 05.I started attending RCIA at my local parish Shrine of the True Cross which is awsome.We call it Shrine of the True Cross because we have a relic piece of the cross of Christ in the nave of the church.I am 19 years old as of yesterday.Coversion has been the best thing to happen to me EVER!Our church is so beautiful!Can I get a AMEN! 👍

God bless you and Mary keep you!

PROUD 2 B RC said:
+JMJ+

My father and I are recent converts to Holy Mother Church.We were recieved into the church Easter of 05.I started attending RCIA at my local parish Shrine of the True Cross which is awsome.We call it Shrine of the True Cross because we have a relic piece of the cross of Christ in the nave of the church.I am 19 years old as of yesterday.Coversion has been the best thing to happen to me EVER!Our church is so beautiful!Can I get a AMEN! 👍

God bless you and Mary keep you!

Happy birthday for yesterday!

So, in your church, you have an actual piece of the cross Jesus himself was crucified on?
I would say wow, but apparently, there were lots of fakes going around during the middle ages…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back