Anyone catch O'Reilly today?

• Thread starter Thread starter Randy2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Randy2

Debating the virulently anti-Catholic editorial by Kinsley in the LA Times today?

One of his guests, a Catholic, defended it!

To his credit, O’Reilly took Kinsley to task.

Sadly, in my diocese, priests strongly critical of the new Pope are being regularly featured in the local paper and radio. Presumably with the blessing of the bishop.

I do think there is a de-facto schism here in the US. In my diocese, any number of orthodox Catholic friends have converted to Eastern Orthodoxy as there is no support here for the universal Church.

The Orthodox, knowing that, are evangelizing orthodox Catholics here and winning converts - its really tragic. They like to boast that 25% of their congregations are former Catholics.

The situation is at a break point here in the US - the new Pope has to do something or the US church will be lost before too long.

40.png
Randy2:
I do think there is a de-facto schism here in the US. In my diocese, any number of orthodox Catholic friends have converted to Eastern Orthodoxy as there is no support here for the universal Church.

The Orthodox, knowing that, are evangelizing orthodox Catholics here and winning converts - its really tragic. They like to boast that 25% of their congregations are former Catholics.

Converting to Eastern Orthodoxy? How sad. Just because of their local priests and bishops. Why do they not look at Rome! Can the Pope be any more solid? This is like someone quitting a job because their copy machine is broken. Can’t they see the big picture?

The answer is simple. I have a friend with 3 kids. They wanted to send them to Catholic schools but the schools here are very multi-religious - in the Catholic schools you learn about Islam and Buddhism as well as Christianity. The Catholicisn they teach is watered down. My friend felt his kids would loose their faith in Catholic schools, could not bring himself to send then to the burgenoing Christian (evangelical) schools here so settled on the very few Orthodox schools. But to get into an Qrthodox school, you have to be Orthodox here - there are only 2 such schools in a metropolitan area of 8 million people. So his family converted. Sadly, he does not regret it and now works with a group outreach trying to convert Catholics to Orrthodoxy.

I didn’t tune in to the show. Who was the Catholic defending the article, do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back