Anyone know about this book?

  • Thread starter Thread starter katy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katy

Guest
**The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief
**by Francis S. Collins
My son is doing some adult refurbishing of his faith, and asked me. I have heard the title, but know nothing about how it flies from a Catholic perspective. Anybody read it or know something about it?
 
thank you. They are quite interesting. I was more concerned about how his writing plays from a Catholic perspective, since DS is just now heading in this direction.l
 
hi Katy, I’m reading this one right now. I would highly recommend it!

I got it after hearing a recommendation on Catholic radio. It not only goes into Faith/Science, but also Evolution/Creationism.

The only twinges I had were a reference to the Crusades and Gallileo, but it was only a blurb.

Collins quotes St. Augustines and C,S. Lewis quite a bit.
 
I’ve only heard reviews on Catholic radio, but from that, it’s a keeper.
It’s not perfect and Collins is not Catholic, but his education and intellect make him a perfect counterweight to Richard Dawkins and Peter Singer, et al. His credentials tower over Dawkins and, according to what I’ve heard, so does his logic
 
His credentials tower over Dawkins and, according to what I’ve heard, so does his logic
If by this, you mean scientific credentials, I would have to disagree. Collins is absolutely a first rate scientist, but then so is Dawkins. It is moot whether Collins’s great technical advances in genome sequencing are as important as Dawkins’s radical conceptuual framework in evolutionary theory which has had an influence on all of biology.

Alec
evolutionpages.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top