Anyone know how I can get EWTN?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisamarie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lisamarie

I am in Kentucky and have basic cable, yet EWTN is not an offered. Neither was it in Gerogia, where I lived before here. In fact, the cable company had never even heard of it! A friend has sattelite. I thought for sure he’d get it! Nothing! How can I get it? Where is the elusive EWTN???:confused:

You can get it via Dish Network on satellite. I think Direct TV has it now also.

You can get it through evscom.com/. A friend of mine did this last year and is thrilled with it. I believe the service this site uses is the Dish Network.

I sometimes watch the station online…how’s your computer and server? 🙂

We get it here on cable, but our family has opted out of cable connection to our tv. We watch videos only.

In order to utilize the internet bitstream from EWTN, you will need a fast (DSL or Cable) at a minimum. EWTN Radio is also available and requires less bandwidth. EWTN Radio is now part of the lineup on Sirius Satellite radio as well, which is a nationwide subscriber based service. There is a shortwave transmission as well for the radio component: Here is a link to their shortwave radio frequency guide: ewtn.com/radio/freq.htm

Peace -

You can also get it from Direct TV now. We had to upgrade our Satellite (about $50) but it is available (channel 422) and WELL WORTH IT. It is our main channel in our home…and lots of good stuff for all the family.

You can pick up the radio signal on their shortwave service, WEWN, with an inexpensive ($40 or so) shortwave radio. The sound quality is akin to a local AM station. The good thing about radio is that you can listen while doing other things, take it whever you go, and avoid the other distractions of TV.

40.png
mposey:
You can also get it from Direct TV now. We had to upgrade our Satellite (about $50) but it is available (channel 422) and WELL WORTH IT. It is our main channel in our home…and lots of good stuff for all the family.
YESSSSS!!! YESSSSSS!!! YESSSS!!!

Doing the Dance of Joy :dancing:

DaveBj

40.png
DaveBj:
YESSSSS!!! YESSSSSS!!! YESSSS!!!

Doing the Dance of Joy :dancing:

DaveBj
I saw Fr Corapi last year in west Palm and he was fantastic ! What a speaker. My husband ( who only came along for the ride ) even loved him. I bought several of his CDs and still listen to them. Also, I used to watch him on EWTN until I lost my dish.

Er, you can also just watch it live over the internet. Just go to www.ewtn.com, and select “Television” from the menu.

Josh

The cable company in my area just started carrying EWTN for digital subscribers (about $10 more than basic cable). A few of mom’s friends had been talking to the company owner (small town, doncha know) and asking about the possibility of getting EWTN for some time now.

I think it would be a nice touch to send a copy of Raymond Arroyo’s book on Mother Angelica to him as a “thank you”.

I just finished the book last night. Excellent.

40.png
Lisamarie:
I am in Kentucky and have basic cable, yet EWTN is not an offered. Neither was it in Gerogia, where I lived before here. In fact, the cable company had never even heard of it! A friend has sattelite. I thought for sure he’d get it! Nothing! How can I get it? Where is the elusive EWTN???:confused:
Feel a bit guilty here in Ireland when you can’t get it in the USA, it’s coming in loud and clear here. 🙂

Don’t know the set-up over there but a dish is probably the best way to go, and just incase anyone in Europe doesn’t know.
If you get SKY TV form the Astra sat: you can watch it on channel 680.

40.png
mposey:
On an unrelated note, has any other DirecTV subscriber noticed there is a large batch of Christian channels all together in the 300’s and a large batch of spanish language channels all together in the 400’s, and EWTN is in the spanish langage batch!? Why in the world wouldn’t they put EWTN with the Christian channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back