Anyone Watch SyFy's Dominion (OH SO BAD)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beagee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beagee

Guest
This is my first post ever on the forum. I enjoy good Science Fiction and more and more over the last couple of years see the genre being co-opted by evil. I know that Science Fiction has always been influenced by liberal ideals but at least it seemed to be searching and reaching for goodness and truth. I find this show to be utterly devoid of almost any search for goodness and its search for truth is based on an assumption of evil. WOW just wow

Thoughts?
 
Have seen all of it so far. Not going anywhere so far as I can see. A waste of production efforts and money IMO.
 
Co-Opted by evil in this context I define as the strategic presentation of material with the intent to deceive and mold the watchers opinion of what is good towards a definition that is contrary to God’s revealed nature.

😃 I could just call out the attempt to provide a convincing case for moral relativism.

I believe that those in Hollywood in particular are in most cases unwitting pawns of evil.

This show in particular displays a blatant juxtaposition of moral positions that are very confusing and contrary to Gods natural law.

To deny that evil works in the world is to also deny that God works as well. As a Catholic I recognizing that good and evil are not equal forces rather that God allows evil so that more good can come. This is extremely hard to accept. A good God allows evil. It does require huge amount of intellectual faith. For this reason I’m going to keep watching because evil is not sustainable good will come. I live in hope…

Another Example on the SyFy channel would be Lost Girl and the show Supernatural.
Over several seasons neither shows have been able to consistently pull off what I’m seeing Dominion attempt.
 
All I had to do is see “SyFy” in the title. From what I gather, they are striving to take over the laurel crown of one Edward D. Wood in terms of quality.

After sitting through their alleged version of “Beowulf”, I laughed myself sick at the glaring anachronisims (1800s spyglasses and AD 50s’ Roman villas in Iron-age Scandinavia? Really?), extreme “They just didn’t care” continuity and special effects (seriously – BINO [Beowulf-in-name-only] loses a horn from his sigh horned helmet during a fight scene. Take a drink every time it reappears between shots. You’ll be blotto in record time. Oh, and the film boasts the least convincing CG wound ever. It moves around more than Eye-gore’s hump in “Young Frankenstein…”) and lousy acting – poor, poor Marina Sirtis, she looked like they drugged her and then handed her the script and filmed her scenes before it wore off…

After that, I swore off SyFy altogether. It hurts when I laugh… 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top