AP FACT CHECK: Trump baselessly cites fraud in virus toll

• Thread starter Thread starter F_Marturana
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is AP thinking? When even the New York Times and the Atlantic, both pillars of liberalism, said the numbers put out by CDC were inaccurate, AP coming up with this new falsehood is atrocious.

This is an old story, actually. Surely AP could find something that actually is “news” to publish. But maybe it’s just running out of anti-Trump talking points and had no choice but to return to an old one.

There was an interview that aired here this morning with an American doctor. She truly believes there is not a virus problem in USA, it is fake news and it is well under control and will disappear very shortly.
She does not believe the numbers for positives or the deaths and stated there were more positives because USA tests and had great testing facilities.

I would be inclined to agree about the tests. But I do not think the disease is going to disappear. I sure wish it would and can pray that it will. But the coronavirus that causes 20% of what we think of as “colds” is now endemic, and it’s hard for me to believe this one won’t be.

‘Related to obvious other causes’: Gunshot victims included in Washington coronavirus death tally​

By Emma Colton

May 24, 2020 - 11:08 AM
Washington Examiner – 24 May 20

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

‘Related to obvious other causes’: Gunshot victims included in Washington…

Officials in Washington have admitted that gunshot victims are included in the coronavirus death count.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ncluded-in-washington-coronavirus-death-tally

Colorado man died of alcohol poisoning, but death was later blamed on coronavirus: report​

By David Aaro | Fox News

A Colorado man who died of alcohol poisoning had his death classified as due to the coronavirus, possibly shedding light on a skewed virus death toll in the state, according to a report on Thursday.

Sebastian Yellow, 35, was found dead by police on May 4. Montezuma County Coroner George Deavers later determined that his death was due to acute alcohol poisoning. His blood-alcohol content measured in at .55. . .

I would be inclined to agree about the tests. But I do not think the disease is going to disappear. I sure wish it would and can pray that it will. But the coronavirus that causes 20% of what we think of as “colds” is now endemic, and it’s hard for me to believe this one won’t be.
I pray it does too. I think, as a non medico, we are all stuck with it as with colds and flu too.

Did you hear that dogs carry corona virus? Wonder how many people tested positive but are asymptomatic are dog owners? Just curious—don’t want to start a conspiracy theory! I’m not a professional scientist either, just an inquiring mind…

My go for current Covid 19 news. He always starts with the stats that matter imo

Last edited:
40.png
Petra202:
Did you hear that dogs carry corona virus? Wonder how many people tested positive but are asymptomatic are dog owners?
I have read that. I have also wondered whether it’s only dogs.
I also heard that cats can carry it. Have there been any proof that anyone contacted the virus from a pet? I’ve not heard that and I don’t think they know how a pet would shed the virus to be contagious. That’s something we may never know.

About over counting, there is also discussion of undercounting as well. People that died in their homes, especially in the early period of the pandemic and honestly, between some overcounting and some undercounting, it may just even out after all! :hugs:

When even the New York Times and the Atlantic, both pillars of liberalism, said the numbers put out by CDC were inaccurate…
There is big difference between “some level of inaccuracy” and fraudulently and grossly fake. When the fringe alternative medicine people cite other fringe alternative medicine people as “evidence” there is a lot of controversy over the numbers, it is really just wishful thinking.

Dr. Fauci is the most trusted name in America on infectious diseases. The CDC still is the most respected authority by the vast majority of doctors. The AP fact check is right. NBC also says so, and ABC, and CBS. And just about every state health agency. The covid deaths are real. We are not rounding any corner. We are wading in deeper and deeper.

I have read that. I have also wondered whether it’s only dogs.
Dogs , cats, foxes, ferrets, minks to name a few. If it did start from animals in a wet market there would a few on the list. The closest virus to covid 19 was id’d in samples from 3 bird manure collectors who got it from horseshoe bats in a cave about a decade before covid 19. They died from it.
I also heard that cats can carry it. Have there been any proof that anyone contacted the virus from a pet?
Its known the other way, remember those Tigers

Last edited:
Zoo Tigers and a few other species I cant remember , caught covid 19 from their keeper.
In a couple of countries minks kept on several mink farms have all been slaughtered because some tested covid positive.
Ferrets are used for testing and experimentation because they catch covid well.

I am not sure if contact tracing could be done pet to human. Would the DNA be the same?

Minks, ferrets and related species are abundant in this country. If they can get it, humans will never be rid of it because you really can’t control a wild population or even know for sure where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back