Apologetics has taken over

• Thread starter Thread starter Lillith
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nan S:
I
Side comment: During RCIA, when we were discussing priestly formation, our pastor commented that the priests who are most likely to leave the priesthood are those who let themselves become too busy to pray the Divine Offices daily.
Interesting, because my pastor said the opposite: that the priests who fall away are the ones that fail to recite their Divine Office and the rosary.

Apologetics can be addictive, but I find it unlikely that a calling to do apologetics will derail your spiritual life. If anything it will probably enhance it. I pray frequently but frequently I am disappointed in the quality of my prayer. I am also frequently disappointed in the quality of my apologetics. We are all subject to human weakeness and can only depend upon the grace of God in all that we do. The Lord’s mercy and kindness endure forever.

Apologetics can definitly be addicting, so can these forums. I have also wondered if I am obsessed. But at least I am obessed about learning about Jesus and not something worse.
I think that my need to read and learn more about my faith has brought me so much closer to God and I thank Him for it everyday.
Now I just need to find a way to log off the forums long enough to get my college homework done…🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back