B
Bwavenit
Guest
I like It!When a “Bible” Christian says: I belong to a Church based on the BIBLE! you answer: “Good for you. I belong to the Church that WROTE the Bible!”
I like It!When a “Bible” Christian says: I belong to a Church based on the BIBLE! you answer: “Good for you. I belong to the Church that WROTE the Bible!”
I actually thought you might enjoy that when I posted it…
No Mary No Christ
Know Mary Know Christ
Hey, you took that from our Fundamentalist friends, If the KJV was good enough for Jesus it is good enough for me!“If the Douay-Rheims was good enough for the apostle Paul, it’s good enough for me.”
Phil P
Stated as a syllogism, your statement would look like this:Major Premise: Jesus is GodI’ve never heard this one refuted:
Jesus is God
+Mary is Jesus’ Mother
=Mary is the Mother of God
Stated as a syllogism, your statement would look like this:Major Premise: Jesus is God
Minor Premise: Mary is the Mother of Jesus
Conclusion: Mary is the Mother of God
The major premise is false, and could be considered heretical; therefore, the conclusion is false, and, it too, could be considered heretical.
Yup. I guess you could be considered heretical, since Christianity universally affirms that Jesus, the incarnate second Person of the Trinity is indeed “God” – consubstantial, co-equal, coeternal with the Father: God of God, light of light, true God of true God . . . as stated by the Council of Constantinople.Stated as a syllogism, your statement would look like this:Major Premise: Jesus is GodMinor Premise: Mary is the Mother of JesusConclusion: Mary is the Mother of GodThe major premise is false, and could be considered heretical; therefore, the conclusion is false, and, it too, could be considered heretical.
Stated as a syllogism, your belief would look like this:Stated as a syllogism, your statement would look like this:Major Premise: Jesus is GodMinor Premise: Mary is the Mother of JesusConclusion: Mary is the Mother of GodThe major premise is false, and could be considered heretical; therefore, the conclusion is false, and, it too, could be considered heretical.
smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_21.gif (although I think he just got confused… common virus among the separated brethren )Stated as a syllogism, your belief would look like this:
Major Premise: All Christians believe Jesus is God.
Minor Premise: You do not.
Conclusion: You are not Christian.
The Major premise is true and is considered orthodox, therefore the conclusion is true and ,you too, could be considered heretical.
Yup. I guess you could be considered heretical, since Christianity universally affirms that Jesus, the incarnate second Person of the Trinity is indeed “God” – consubstantial, co-equal, coeternal with the Father: God of God, light of light, true God of true God . . . as stated by the Council of Constantinople.
Wow! I’ve heard a lot of verbal gymnasitics to try and deny the obvious implications of this, but to go to the extreme of denying the total divinity of Christ is – well, EXTREME.
Stated as a syllogism, your belief would look like this:
Major Premise: All Christians believe Jesus is God.
Minor Premise: You do not.
Conclusion: You are not Christian.
The Major premise is true and is considered orthodox, therefore the conclusion is true and ,you too, could be considered heretical.
None of you is reading carefully.(although I think he just got confused… common virus among the separated brethren )
Let me restate the implication of the major premise another way:All of Jesus is GodAny of you folks agree with that?The major premise is false, and could be considered heretical; therefore, the conclusion is false, and, it too, could be considered heretical.
The orthodox Christian position, Protestant, Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox is that Jesus is, indeed, true God. And he is true Man. He is the incarnate second Person of the Godhead. The two natures – divine and human – are inseparable, though distinct.None of you is reading carefully.
I’ll restate the syllogism:Major Premise: Jesus is God
Minor Premise: Mary is the Mother of Jesus
Conclusion: Mary is the Mother of GodAnd, here is what I said concerning the major premise of the syllogism:Let me restate the implication of the major premise another way:All of Jesus is GodAny of you folks agree with that?![]()
That is not what I asked, mercygate.The orthodox Christian position, Protestant, Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox is that Jesus is, indeed, true God. And he is true Man. He is the incarnate second Person of the Godhead. The two natures – divine and human – are inseparable, though distinct.
So yes: Jesus is 100% God. AND Jesus is 100% man. He is not a combo-creature, half God, half man.
Your question is a false premise…That is not what I asked, mercygate.
I asked, “do you agree with the statement all of Jesus is God;” it seems that you do not agree with that statement; is that correct?