Apostolics

  • Thread starter Thread starter dalcent
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dalcent

Guest
Can anyone give me some information about “Apostolics”? I am dealing with some young guy. He definitely speaks in tongues and believes those who don’t can’t be saved!!

Are they oneness pentecostals? What early heresy does this replicate. If they reject the Trinity what do they believe about Christ and would this exclude them from salvation?:confused:

Many Thanks

Dal
 
I was raised apostolic pentecostal, so yes, they are oneness pentecostal. And yes, they believe that you must be baptized in Jesus Name. Their understanding of the Trinity is a form of Modalism. Their view of the trinity is that each aspect is one ‘mode’ of one God - Jesus Christ. When they read the trinitarian formula for baptism "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit’, they answer by saying “Jesus” is the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. No kidding.

rusty
 
Can anyone give me some information about “Apostolics”? I am dealing with some young guy. He definitely speaks in tongues and believes those who don’t can’t be saved!!

Are they oneness pentecostals? What early heresy does this replicate. If they reject the Trinity what do they believe about Christ and would this exclude them from salvation?:confused:

Many Thanks

Dal
Dal, did he perhaps follow you to the forum? I ask because there is a new participant who identifies himself as “Apostolic”.
 
Thanks for these answers.

No, this “Apostolic” newbie is just coincidental. But can I have a link to one of his posts, please!

As “Apostolic” seems to mean Oneness Pentecostal I’ll research this now on the web. No doubt they reject the Doctrine of the Trinity because it was promulgated by a ‘Constantinian’ Catholic Church council in 325 A.D. and don’t feel bound to it.
 
No doubt they reject the Doctrine of the Trinity because it was promulgated by a ‘Constantinian’ Catholic Church council in 325 A.D. and don’t feel bound to it.
Oh, I wouldn’t go so far as that. They actually rejected it because of a personal revelation of one of its founders. The ‘reasoning’ came later.

rusty
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top