R
Rau
Guest
St Thomas Aquinas:
***“Because of the diverse conditions of humans, it happens that some acts are virtuous to some people, as appropriate and suitable to them, while the same acts are immoral for others, as inappropriate to them.”***Do we know what acts Aquinas had in mind when penning these words?
What acts - fit this description - I can think of the following (though I’m not sure if these are on-point):
Can anyone fill out what he is getting at?
***“Because of the diverse conditions of humans, it happens that some acts are virtuous to some people, as appropriate and suitable to them, while the same acts are immoral for others, as inappropriate to them.”***Do we know what acts Aquinas had in mind when penning these words?
What acts - fit this description - I can think of the following (though I’m not sure if these are on-point):
- Acting in a role that one does not legitimately occupy - may be immoral, though the act performed by the legitimate occupier of the role would be moral.
- Acts where the Intentions or the Circumstances determine the morality. Eg. Almsgiving to attract praise and recognition is not a good act, whereas to help the poor is a good act.
Can anyone fill out what he is getting at?