Are All Anathemas of the Catechism of the Council of Trent Still Binding on Catholics Today?

• Thread starter Thread starter SetYouFree
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the one who brought the subject up because you think it true; You prove it.
I’m asking you if you say that it is anathema to claim it is not required for a wife to ask her husband’s permission to leave the house. I can’t read your mind to answer this yes/no question. Do you say it is, or do you not? Yes or no? If your answer is yes, then it’s on you to prove it. You are making an affirmative claim; you must prove Trent condemns it as Anathema.

The Catechism is not the Canons. The Catechism cites the Canons, and the Canons are where the Anathemas are listed.

Last edited:
You prove it, you are the one who brought it up
I’ll take your persistent side stepping of the question as a yes, you believe it is in fact Anathema.

I have not seem any such Anathema in the Canons. Now, prove your claim. Cite me the canon.

Last edited:
None of the anathemas of the Catechism of the Council of Trent are binding, because there are no anathemas in the Catechism.

Now the Canons of the Council of Trent… 😄

What makes you think a wife is required to ask her husband to leave the house?
Instead of quoting me falsely and out of context, you should be finding the canon that supports your belief that it is Anathema to say a woman is not required to ask her husband to leave the house.
I never said a wife is required to ask her husband to leave the house?
No, you instead refused to answer my direct question which I repeated multiple times asking you if it is anathema to say a woman is not required to ask her husband for permission to leave the house. So, to clear the air, please answer whether you do believe it is anathema or not. Yes, or no.

Last edited:
Yes, All anathemas are of the Catholic Church are still binding today.
So, you claim it is an anathema to say a woman is not required to ask her husband permission to leave the home. Thank you. Now please, cite the canon from Trent saying as much.

Then please answer my original question. Or would you rather keep dancing around the issue?
I think we’ve reached the stage of the trollish agenda poster where he just starts openly talking to himself.

I believe everything the Catholic Church teaches, whole and entire.

But it’s not the job of a catechism to issue anathemas. The Catechism of the Council of Trent (and the Catechism of the Catholic Church for that matter) is not binding in the same way as the canons of an ecumenical council.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back