P
PazzoGrande
Guest
I find their claims and methods to be suspect.
First off, according to the movie The Conjuring, they claim to be the only laypeople who had been authorised to do exorcisms by the Vatican. I don’t believe that. Not only do you need to be a priest to perform an exorcism, but you need to be selected by your bishop for being a particularly pious and experienced priest. The exorcism ritual explicitly specifies this.
At the end, they got authorisation from the Vatican to perform an exorcism. Again that’s dubious, because the local Bishop is the authority there and not the Vatican, who probably would be too busy to deal with these local matters anyway. I can’t even imagine which dicastery would be charged with taking care of that.
They have a museum to the occult, which seems a little dumb. Even if inadvertently, it can be construed as a shrine to the occult. I don’t see any actual exorcists ever memorialising the occult in a museum. I think any theologian will tell you, after you overcome evil, you should sweep it away and not keep thinking of it, which is what a museum of the occult would make you do. Demons are like cockroaches that scurry away when exposed to light, and thinking of light instead of remembering the darkness is the only real way to shoo them away.
In addition to that, exorcists like say you’re supposed to burn cursed items after having a priest bless them. To put them in a museum is madness.
As I understand it, the Haunting in a Connecticut and the Amityville Horror stories, for which the Warrens are known to have worked in, have been exposed as hoaxes. But that incriminates the families in those stories and not necessarily the Warrens themselves.
Are the Warrens frauds?
First off, according to the movie The Conjuring, they claim to be the only laypeople who had been authorised to do exorcisms by the Vatican. I don’t believe that. Not only do you need to be a priest to perform an exorcism, but you need to be selected by your bishop for being a particularly pious and experienced priest. The exorcism ritual explicitly specifies this.
At the end, they got authorisation from the Vatican to perform an exorcism. Again that’s dubious, because the local Bishop is the authority there and not the Vatican, who probably would be too busy to deal with these local matters anyway. I can’t even imagine which dicastery would be charged with taking care of that.
They have a museum to the occult, which seems a little dumb. Even if inadvertently, it can be construed as a shrine to the occult. I don’t see any actual exorcists ever memorialising the occult in a museum. I think any theologian will tell you, after you overcome evil, you should sweep it away and not keep thinking of it, which is what a museum of the occult would make you do. Demons are like cockroaches that scurry away when exposed to light, and thinking of light instead of remembering the darkness is the only real way to shoo them away.
In addition to that, exorcists like say you’re supposed to burn cursed items after having a priest bless them. To put them in a museum is madness.
As I understand it, the Haunting in a Connecticut and the Amityville Horror stories, for which the Warrens are known to have worked in, have been exposed as hoaxes. But that incriminates the families in those stories and not necessarily the Warrens themselves.
Are the Warrens frauds?