K
Kouyate42
Guest
This is something I have been meaning to ask for some time based on something I have read.
It was actually in an article I saw about the Jehovahs Witnesses which got me thinking about my title question. The JWs hold many beliefs which a Christian in the mainstream would likelu hold to be admirable, such as the importance of family or speaking out against homosexuality.
But my question is this: the JWs base many of their core beliefs upon what most people consider to be false doctrine. So does this invalidate their good moral teachings or not? And does this include those teachings which other religious denominations would also hold?
Similarly would anyone with false beliefs of ANY kind have their good moral teachings nullified on the basis that their initial reasoning for their morality is false?
It was actually in an article I saw about the Jehovahs Witnesses which got me thinking about my title question. The JWs hold many beliefs which a Christian in the mainstream would likelu hold to be admirable, such as the importance of family or speaking out against homosexuality.
But my question is this: the JWs base many of their core beliefs upon what most people consider to be false doctrine. So does this invalidate their good moral teachings or not? And does this include those teachings which other religious denominations would also hold?
Similarly would anyone with false beliefs of ANY kind have their good moral teachings nullified on the basis that their initial reasoning for their morality is false?