C
CatholicELATeacher
Guest
Absolutely not so. For more information, read Theology of the Body.It seems like we’re little more than transient pawns in the creation and raising of life.
Absolutely not so. For more information, read Theology of the Body.It seems like we’re little more than transient pawns in the creation and raising of life.
I’m a woman. May I pm you a Catholic video on Theology of the body for teens? Not saying or presuming you’re a teenager.This makes me wonder what value men have. I mean, we do participate a little in child bearing, but that’s almost nothing compared to what women do. And women involved in divorces almost always get custody of the children…a lot of the time, men aren’t even involved with the rearing of children at all in countries like Brazil, with women and grandmas raising the children on their own. So what place do men have in anything? The acquisition of material wealth to help in raising their children which the mothers may not even need? It seems like we’re little more than transient pawns in the creation and raising of life.Makes me depressed, to be honest.
Only in cultures where females are socialized to think about sex less than males.Not to mention that men tend to think about sex much more often than women.
Thoughts?
Yes you may!Benjinho:![]()
I’m a woman. May I pm you a Catholic video on Theology of the body for teens? Not saying or presuming you’re a teenager.This makes me wonder what value men have. I mean, we do participate a little in child bearing, but that’s almost nothing compared to what women do. And women involved in divorces almost always get custody of the children…a lot of the time, men aren’t even involved with the rearing of children at all in countries like Brazil, with women and grandmas raising the children on their own. So what place do men have in anything? The acquisition of material wealth to help in raising their children which the mothers may not even need? It seems like we’re little more than transient pawns in the creation and raising of life.Makes me depressed, to be honest.
But is that specifically because of lower testosterone? Older men are more prone to any number of health conditions that by themselves are accompanied by lower libido even if testosterone were to stay the same.ATraveller:![]()
Perhaps you’re right with regard to the point of increasing T not entailing increase in sexual urges. But this point you make does not address T naturally reducing in males with age and corresponding reduction in sexual urges.This is not true. Testosterone activates sexual attraction but higher levels don’t make men more lustful. How do we know? A number of experiments involved injecting healthy young men with T and increasing their T levels. What these studies have shown is they don’t become more prone to lust and they aren’t going to engage in more sexual activity.
Exactly. There have been quite a lot of cases of female teachers, to take one scenario, having inappropriate sexual relationships with male students. Which is statutory rape and therefore sexual assault.JimR-OCDS:![]()
This is nothing to “laugh” about. Men are sexually assaulted by women.If you doubt it, post the latest news report of woman being accused of sexual assault against a man.
Sexual assault is about power, it is not about sex
This has been disproven:Given that men are much more visual than women (with women being more interpersonal)
I think you mean spoken like an ignorant man.Spoken like a true man.
Unless you heard it in a peer-reviewed journal, I’m taking this with a pinch of salt.(from what I’ve heard)
I’m pleased you accessorised that with a “grinning” emoji, just so we know how funny it is!If you doubt it, post the latest news report of woman being accused of sexual assault against a man.![]()
I would say: (1) we don’t know that Jesus didn’t also address women on this point - not everything Jesus said was written down, (2) Jesus may simply have chosen his words to suit his audience or for cultural, literary, or stylistic reasons, a little like when Benedict XVI in a casual remark suggested that prostitutes might use condoms - the English media widely reported that he had specifically ruled that male prostitutes might be able to use condoms because he had used only the masculine form of the German word for prostitute, whereas in fact he probably simply didn’t think it was necessary to specify that female prostitutes were included in his remark.Jesus apparently thought it more needful to speak to the men about it
If you look at the case of male victims or rape and sexual assault in war, I really don’t think that that has anything to do with sexual fantasies on the part of the ones doing the assaulting.Lust is begins with sexual fantasy, not power. The power issue is for the person to force the other to provide them with sexual satisfaction.
Those who exclude sex from sexual assault cases don’t really have a handle on it.
////If you look at the case of male victims or rape and sexual assault in war, I really don’t think that that has anything to do with sexual fantasies on the part of the ones doing the assaulting.
I don’t know but look at this Twitter account. Look at the number of tweets since the beginning of this month. A number involve women taking advantage of teenaged boys. The further you scroll down, the more women perpetrators you find.What’s the ratio of female teachers having sex with male students to males being accused of sexual assault ?
So I’ll just add to what you and TheLittleLady mentioned a little earlier.And compare this to the reports of men being accused of sexual assault just this week
That’s not the question. See the title of the thread, it has to do with men being more likely to commit lustful sin.But let’s go back the OP’s question. Are men a lot more sexually minded than women?
True but it has to start from somewhere. As Jesus said, sin starts from inside us. My re-wording doesn’t affect the answer, which is no.That’s not the question. See the title of the thread, it has to do with men being more likely to commit lustful sin.
But I posted a few studies that counter this argument based on biology. Others have shown men and women think about sex about the same number of times. The only biological difference is strength and height. This element is why women are less likely to be perpetrators of sex assaults.because of biological makeup of men, where mere vision is a stimulant for sexual attraction. Men who do not control their sexual urges, will fall into lust and even sexual abuse.
The same can happen to women, but it’s far less because of biological differences.
And I don’t accept those studies and neither do most menBut I posted a few studies that counter this argument based on biology