B
BrooklynBoy200
Guest
I’m not sure if this is the right place to put this question, but here it is: if someone becomes the Pope, is that person a saint once he dies? Thankyou.
No.I’m not sure if this is the right place to put this question, but here it is: if someone becomes the Pope, is that person a saint once he dies? Thankyou.
Not even most. Most, in fact, are not canonized (though of course most saints in heaven also are not canonized).Nope - any quick look in any reference (even wiki and a list of popes) will show that not all are listed as saints.
I’m not sure if this is the right place to put this question, but here it is: if someone becomes the Pope, is that person a saint once he dies? Thankyou.
But he is beatified.Even Pio Nonno, the Pope who defined the Immaculate Conception and called Vatican Council I is not recognized a saint.
Yes, that is true.But he is beatified.
Boniface VIII as well.Nope. (Alexander VI comes to mind, especially.)