Are the end times just around the corner? Are you prepared for them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter John_Russell_Jr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
because people are getting weary sick and tired of of the world the way it is going and becoming. We all want to see our lord. How many more babies must be slaughtered?? How many before Jesus comes. Look what the highly Catholic states voted for?? we have taken a huge backward step fighting abortion!!! FOCA is coming unless we wake up and deal with it instead of our heads being in the sand whistling past the grave yard as more laws are passed helping the slaughter of innocent God given gifts!!! The only worse sin is sinning against God himself which is happening all the time. Yes it is about time Jesus takes over the world and start cleaning house. I am for the military and we need to defend ourselves and the helpless. But the ONLY!!! way war will end is when Jesus comes. No anti war lovey dovey song or prostest or anything will end wars!! nothing but Jesus himself. How many more people must DIE!!! before he comes??? that is why most people are looking up for our lord. Scoob.
Yes, like many Christians, I see you have an utter contempt for the world.
 
Yes, like many Christians, I see you have an utter contempt for the world.
I guess and I have a feeling looking at your profile struggling with atheism makes me think that you feel that this world is all the matters or exists. Personally and publically I think this world SUCKS!!! the Greed the desire for money desire for sex for any immoral indecent thing that can be thought of. If you are going the atheist direction, do you really like the idea of that this is all there is?? Talk about depression. I would take pills and just get it over with. I have nothing but contempt for the greed and the murder that takes place in what should be the safest place on earth for a human being. I am so sick of this world and the **** we have in the white house that I am ready SO READY!!! for God and he can’t come too soon. Love this world go a head but don’t attack me or Christians that want something so much more and so so so much better than this. I am glad that we only live 70 to 90 years imagine being stuck here for three or more centuries puke.
 
For any moderator that reads this I am not using the “S” word
 
I guess and I have a feeling looking at your profile struggling with atheism makes me think that you feel that this world is all the matters or exists.
I don’t know what I believe in.
Personally and publically I think this world SUCKS!!!
Would you tell God to his face that his world sucks?
If you are going the atheist direction, do you really like the idea of that this is all there is?? Talk about depression. I would take pills and just get it over with. I have nothing but contempt for the greed and the murder that takes place in what should be the safest place on earth for a human being. I am so sick of this world and the **** we have in the white house that I am ready SO READY!!! for God and he can’t come too soon. Love this world go a head but don’t attack me or Christians that want something so much more and so so so much better than this. I am glad that we only live 70 to 90 years imagine being stuck here for three or more centuries puke.
Personally, I am intrigued and fascinated with the world. If God does exist, then he is truly the most magnificent artist.

And yes, if I were to die today and that’s all there was, then I would be fine with that.
 
Would you tell God to his face that his world sucks?

YES!!! and I have!! told him. THIS WORLD SUCKS!!! it is time you come and clean house. Maybe if enough people KNOW God exists and told him maybe he would finally do something beside sit up there and let this stuff happen.

I KNOW!!! God exists I know it to the point where I get angry. Sometimes you need to just get angry before you get results. I was 480 pounds at one time. I was disgusting. after 10 years of that hell. I finaly got pissed off I finally told God I had enough I won’t take this anymore. 6 months I was down to 220 and still there after three years. Sometimes God is waiting for someone to have PASSION!!! hot or cold but luke warm I will spit you out. I will shake the fence. this world needs one hell of a fence shaking. As far as the physical planet the animals and the plants oceans ( Though I am sick and tired of animals running away from us) are beautiful and people are meant to be as well but the world I am talking about that SUCKS is the way most people act and think. disease loosing love ones that kinda of stuff is what sucks. the evil God allows the demonic ways we are turning. Do you think in 1950 that you would see birth control on commercials??? do you think that show Will and Grace would be allowed on TV in the 70s even? that is my point. This world can be beautiful and graceful … but that willtake a miracle beyond our greatest imagination. Scoob
 
We prepare at all times by going about our business as though it weren’t the end times. And there is no conclusive evidence of these being the end times.
 
Would you tell God to his face that his world sucks?

YES!!! and I have!! told him. THIS WORLD SUCKS!!! it is time you come and clean house. Maybe if enough people KNOW God exists and told him maybe he would finally do something beside sit up there and let this stuff happen.

I KNOW!!! God exists I know it to the point where I get angry. Sometimes you need to just get angry before you get results. I was 480 pounds at one time. I was disgusting. after 10 years of that hell. I finaly got pissed off I finally told God I had enough I won’t take this anymore. 6 months I was down to 220 and still there after three years. Sometimes God is waiting for someone to have PASSION!!! hot or cold but luke warm I will spit you out. I will shake the fence. this world needs one hell of a fence shaking. As far as the physical planet the animals and the plants oceans ( Though I am sick and tired of animals running away from us) are beautiful and people are meant to be as well but the world I am talking about that SUCKS is the way most people act and think. disease loosing love ones that kinda of stuff is what sucks. the evil God allows the demonic ways we are turning. Do you think in 1950 that you would see birth control on commercials??? do you think that show Will and Grace would be allowed on TV in the 70s even? that is my point. This world can be beautiful and graceful … but that willtake a miracle beyond our greatest imagination. Scoob
Well, more power to you, then.

As for me, I think I’ll spend my energy enjoying the world, for what it’s worth.
 
Well, more power to you, then.

As for me, I think I’ll spend my energy enjoying the world, for what it’s worth.
More power to you, After your stay on this earth what then??? Are you concerned about the afterlife?? We are only on this earth for most of us in the double digit number of years. not much time. For some folks and hopefully not you," eat drink and be merry for there is no tomorrow" is not my way of thinking. Let’s just agree to disagree with each other. And I pray that you will see the light and KNOW that God exists and the the Catholic church was built upon Peter the first Pope. God Bless Scoob.
 
More power to you, After your stay on this earth what then??? Are you concerned about the afterlife?? We are only on this earth for most of us in the double digit number of years. not much time.
Yes, I am concerned about hell.
For some folks and hopefully not you," eat drink and be merry for there is no tomorrow" is not my way of thinking.
No, I do not drink. But you do know that this phrase has it’s origin in the Bible, right?
Let’s just agree to disagree with each other. And I pray that you will see the light and KNOW that God exists and the the Catholic church was built upon Peter the first Pope. God Bless Scoob.
I pray that, too.
 
My humble opinion… we are ALL in our own “End Times”. Our lives on this earth, are very… very short. If most of us live to 80 years… it’s considered a long life. Well, I’ll be 50 next month. So, theoretically… that leaves me about 30 years. If that 30 years goes by… as quickly as the last 50… well, I’d better start thinking about “being ready”.

None of us knows the exact time… that Our Lord will return in Glory. My gut feeling is that most of us… will probably see His Glory… before His return to earth. 80 years in the Eye’s of God… are nothing more than a blink. 😉

I think the last part of the question… “Are you (we) prepared”… is what all of us need to ponder, the most deeply.

Good thread. Thanks and God bless.
 
I listened to one of Fulton Sheen’s recordings titled Philosophy of Life a few weeks ago (it is online if you are interested), and at one point he says:

“Those who suffer from an anxiety of life do so because they live only for themselves. Their mind, their heart, each has been dammed up and all the scum of the river of life makes of the heart and mind a kind of garbage heap, and the easiest way out of this is to love people whom you see. If we do not love those whom we see, how can we love God, whom we do not see? Visit the sick. Be kind to the poor. Help the healing of lepers. Find your neighbor, and a neighbor is someone in need. Once you do this, you begin to break out of the shell; you discover that your neighbor is not hell, as Sartre says, but your neighbor is part of yourself, and is a creature of God.”

Is the end of the world coming? I don’t know, but I have other work to do.
 
I’m not sure and I have in good word that no one ever will be sure: “But of that day and hour no one knows.” (Mt 24:36)

:blessyou:
 
I don’t know about THE end, but MY end will absolutely come in this century.
 
The History Channel today had an episode about the AntiChrist! I recommend it. It doesnt seem pretty whats going to happen, thats for sure. I pray that I am ready, Im worried about my friends and family though. I dont think theres any way to plan for it, besides living your life day to day with your eyes wide open, and work hard to make God pleased. 🙂 The Left Behind series is really interesting too, I absolutly love those books!
 
I recently read a book that put together “end-time” prophecies over the 2000 years of the Church, all from Saints, Blesseds, priests, nuns, etc, all approved from the Church and I was really surprised at the common theme of all of them and there did seem to be a lot that pointed to our own times for some pretty significant events. Not necessarily the Second Coming, but events leading up to that time period. Before reading that book, I was a firm believer that we should all be prepared for our own end times every day because we could die any minute and didn’t ever care to hear about “end times” speculation. I feel very differently now. I believe that God has given these private revelations over the centuries to prepare His people for what’s going to happen so that instead of getting scared and panicking, we will have an understanding and perspective of what’s going on around us. I believe all Catholics should be well-educated on “end-times” prophecies so that when it happens, we will recognize it…whether that be in our life time or generations from now.
 
I listened to one of Fulton Sheen’s recordings titled Philosophy of Life a few weeks ago (it is online if you are interested), and at one point he says:

“Those who suffer from an anxiety of life do so because they live only for themselves. Their mind, their heart, each has been dammed up and all the scum of the river of life makes of the heart and mind a kind of garbage heap, and the easiest way out of this is to love people whom you see. If we do not love those whom we see, how can we love God, whom we do not see? Visit the sick. Be kind to the poor. Help the healing of lepers. Find your neighbor, and a neighbor is someone in need. Once you do this, you begin to break out of the shell; you discover that your neighbor is not hell, as Sartre says, but your neighbor is part of yourself, and is a creature of God.”

Is the end of the world coming? I don’t know, but I have other work to do.
I LOVE Bishop Fulton J. Sheen! Just the other evening I watched one of his “Life is Worth Living” shows from the t.v. series (now aired on EWTN) and he gave me an answer to a complicated situation (years after the series was over, years after he left the earth). He is so amazing, and notice I use the present tense. 🙂
 
Thx to all for your (name removed by moderator)ut. A very lively debate and good. I was always against trying to predict the end times like some posters and for the same reasos until a few weeks ago. Jesus said you know neither the day nor the hour, so keep watch. These prophecies and others present a general timeframe and thus do not offend our Lord by going against his word. When Jesus said keep watch is it not fair to assume we should always keep in mind that the end may come today and really try to be prepared? At least keep an awareness of it.
To discuss the subject is not immoral, but good.
The world is very screwed up. But we can’t let it get us down. We must keep working for Christ even in the face of great adversity. The fathers nearly included an 8th deadly sin - gloominess. Pope St Gregory the Great did not include it and gave us the seven we know. As you know deadly sins are deadly because they lead to many other sins. Gloominess is the ally of the enemy. As christians we are called to be optimistic, cheerful and full of hope. I know it’s hard but we must try. If the end times come this century and we’re still alive it’s going to be a very tough time for us. But Jesus will cut the time short lest we all perish.
If you feel you are prepared for the end then fine. If , like me, your not then you should pray more so that you can stand the tribulation that is to come. Build up your reserves of grace. You’ll need it. I believe this is what Jesus wants us to do always.
Let’s keep watch guys. God bless all.👍 🙂
 
As Catholics, we always pray “Come Lord Jesus, Come”.

I’m ready now, today, tomorrow or whenever. BUT my family is not, so I pray they get prepared first.

As one previous post said, it doesn’t really matter if the second coming is this century or the next or long off. We need to be ready for own arrival/departure now and be ever vigilant for our own time. For just about all of us, it could be the next instant but almost certainly in this century, which will seem like it is just around the corner.
 
I believe all Catholics should be well-educated on “end-times” prophecies so that when it happens, we will recognize it…whether that be in our life time or generations from now.
How’s that different from preparing yourself for your own end? Even if you may get to know when the final judgment is coming, you don’t know when your private judgment will be and your life might be cut shorter than the world’s.

:blessyou:
 
Interesting post, and I find all Catholic prophecy intriguing. No, I don’t automatically “buy into” all of it, but I think something big is around the corner. Look at all those who have rejected the Church for this world, look at the extremist sitting in the presiden’t chair, active homosexuality, contraception (promoted by supposed Catholic Pelosi) abortion, greed, hatred of good people and everything American, shacking up,etc. A very, very sinful time. Let’s face it–something’s got to give, and we should always be spiritually prepared. Thanks for a super post–so intriguing! God bless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top