Are the end times near?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Curiouse
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not trying to be the prophet of fire and brimstone, but is Armageddon on our heels? Think about it, this whole thing in the middle east, the accuracy of the St. Malachi prophecy, Pope Benedict XVI setting off the Muslims, perhaps the end times are near. I’m not specificaly worried, our Lord may come at whatever time He chooses:D I know some people will probably say that I should not worry, which I’m not, but what about other souls? What about our brothers who have not found shelter in the ark that is the Church? Is this the call of our generation, to evangalize as fervently and dedicated as the Apostles did so many centuries ago? What do you think?

1. Trying to be more definite than Jesus was, is for idiots - they can be trusted to make idiots of themselves, without anyone else joining in. Personally, I think they should be put in the slammer, and have all the $$$ they make from cheating the poor deluded fools who follow them confiscated. Con-men are a disgusting breed at the best of times, but religious con-men should be trodden on like the lice that they are.​

  1. We have been in the end times since Jesus began to preach.
  2. People who claim to know the date of the Second Coming are either ignorant or mad or bad, & are always dangerous to know. They are also always wrong - and they always will be.
  3. People who dribble on about three days’ darkness, the (fake) prophecies of St. Malachy of Armagh, alleged visions, dreams, or apparitions relating to supposed future catastrophes, who prophecy such catastrophes, are almost always liars & frauds. That, or they are vain enough to think that they are prophets, when nothing but their own blindness suggests this; such people should be avoided like the plague, which is what they are infected with.
  4. The same goes for so-called “Catholic prophecy”, with its fantasies of a political saviour: this is same sort of trash & filth as cheated both the Jews, & the Germans after WW1: the Germans wanted a saviour - & Hitler arose. Some saviour he proved to be. Political prophecies always lead to blood, tears, and misery - they are a filthy counterfeit of Christ’s Kingship, to which He could not come except by the path of the Cross.
  5. People have been spreading these lies for centuries - for at least the last 1800 years
IOW - pay no attention to these people -
  • they presume to know what Christ did not
  • they presume to know what He refused to tell His disciples
  • they are never right
  • they are always wrong
  • they are full of wind & nonsense
  • they bring nothing but sects, heresies, lies, & woe
  • they prophecy falsely
  • they prey on the gullible
  • their fruits are evil
  • they are condemned in Scripture
  • they are loathsome to God
 
I have to laugh about this “End Times” nonsense. What do you think the people were thinking during the holocaust when millions upon millions of jews were being put to death. Or how about all of Europe during World War I and World War II, where hundreds of millions of people were killed, do you think they were talking about the end times then? Probably so just like they are now . I can go on to a Protestant website and this is all they want to talk is the Rapture. I finally did some research on the subject and read Paul Thigpins book titled “The Rapture Trap.” This is a great read especially if you want to debate the subject with Evangelicals or other protestants. The Rapture isn’t even close to being biblical and was bascially invented by a Jesuit Priest in South America a couple of hundred years ago. A pastor in England got a hold of one the Jesuit’s writings on the subject, changed a few details and now we have the Rapture. Over the years there are been various versions of the subject within Churches to where you will have Pre-Trib, Post-Trib versions along with some who believe in a secret rapture. Some enterprising men took this idea and ran with it. They created the “Left Behind Series” of books which aren’t even close to be thological accurate, but must be entertaining. They have sold millions of copies and have became very wealthy in the process. What a joke.
If one needs proof of the validity of Catholicism, one has only to look at the vast array of conflicting and bizzare beliefs that have sprung up in Protestantism.
 
:o :o :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I think that the idea of catholicism is very important in our society. What youre raising up is a question that came across many scholars. I truly do believe that the madonna is a whore, an old bitch whose arse is as large as the sistine chapel because she was arse-raped by numerous niggger Jews. Also, I would like to shun your beliefs. Primarily, Mary has had dirty, smelly, sweaty rabid sex with a group of hindus that came inside her throat, making unable to breathe. As you all know, there was no such thing as a condom at that time, so the small-dicked indians couldnt reach down marys cunt. She needed a longer penis. So she took off all her clothes and went to Congo, where she was rabidly raped by several jewish black men who filled her pussy up with sweet cum. That is the way Jesus Christ was born, AKA the black messiah.
 
You know I dont see the problem with thinking the world cannot go on like this for a few more thousand years. I mean is there really a differance in the way the world works now and the way the world worked a few thousand years ago? How is this being decieved? The world is full of bad and will continue like this till the end or so, so i dont see the problem with thinking the the world will continue like this. The secularism of the world i think will only grow and grow, of course the church will win in the end, but who knows when and how.
As I’ve been reading through this thread I’ve been struck by the two extremes. Either the end is near or it is thousands of years away and you’re being foolish to worry about it. But no one has mentioned the third possibility, which is very relevant to us today.

I happen to believe that the apocalypse is a long way off, but that we are at a very crucial time in history that will determine what the next several thousand years will be like.

It is true that the world went on “like this” for thousands of years before Christ. What is different now, though, is what technology has brought to the scene. It’s not just abortion, as horrible as that is. It is also technology like RFID chips, nuclear weapons, the rise of terrorism, the ability to instantly communicate around the world, the prevalence of so many forms of entertainment to keep the mind from thinking about God.

Man has at his disposal technologies that can be employed for good or for evil. And the evil they can impose on today’s victims far outstrips the evil a Roman legion could impose on its victims.

I recommend to everyone a book called “A Canticle for Leibowitz”, by Walter Miller. It is one of the most unique novels I’ve ever read. It deals with the question of man’s use of knowledge and whether or not he is capable of using it primarily for good.

If you’re looking for real “Catholic prophecy”, then read this book. To quote from one of the reviews on Amazon.com: “This book is on every serious list of best science fiction novels ever written. After reading this book I can assure you that its status is well deserved. Readers looking for aliens with giant laser beams fighting an intergalactic war for the ULTIMO device should not read this book. However, readers who understand that true classics leave the reader contemplating the true nature of man will enjoy this very much.”

Don’t pay any attention to the Editor’s Review at the top. Read the Readers’ Reviews further down.

Here’s the link at Amazon.com:

amazon.com/Canticle-Leibowitz-Walter-M-Miller/dp/0060892994/sr=8-1/qid=1167753654/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-8745964-0401714?ie=UTF8&s=books
 
I believe we are living in unique and extraordinary times and that we should live as if Jesus were going to return tonight. That really is what Jesus told us to do, to be prepared all the time for His Second Coming, live as if His return is literally emminent.

What would you do if you knew Jesus was going to return in one month, or one week, or tonight? Go do it now.
 
We now we are closer to the end times today than we were yesterday
 
Yep…the older I get the nearer my end time gets…
I would suspect that holds true for all of us.

Jeff S.
www.catholicxjw.com
Very true, for all of us. Yet, I suspect the OP was speaking about the literal end times for all the people of world with the Second Coming of Christ. While we must all be prepared for our own end time, it is also wise to keep in mind that the world will not continue as it is and one generation will be the final generation, it is not at all impossible that we are that one final generation, nor is it impossible that the one final generation is still many, many years away. Hence, we must be ready.
 
As I’ve been reading through this thread I’ve been struck by the two extremes. Either the end is near or it is thousands of years away and you’re being foolish to worry about it. But no one has mentioned the third possibility, which is very relevant to us today.
I hope you’re not lumping me in with the end times scare extreme. I never said that. I believe that it is possible that history could go on for a nother thousand years, but only because I believe the faith will be restored, most likely through a chastisement, which is essentially what EWTN research has uncovered from an overview of fully approved Private Revelation.

Nor do I advocate fundamentalism, like the apoc foretelling specific things like what France will do to Germany or Russia to Israel, or any other nonsense like that. but on the other hand, PUBLIC revelation in the RCC delineates religious categories between full Catholic and full apostate, and these categories have left their mark on Church history, and as you have hinted, it is ultimately the spiritual condition of man that determines where history goes from here. all i’m saying is, if formal, PUBLIC REV, Catholic doctrine delineates religious categories, who have left great marks on history, why couldn’t the apoc and other scripture deal with these realities symbolically?
 
I recommend to everyone a book called “A Canticle for Leibowitz”, by Walter Miller. It is one of the most unique novels I’ve ever read. It deals with the question of man’s use of knowledge and whether or not he is capable of using it primarily for good.
If you’re looking for real “Catholic prophecy”, then read this book. To quote from one of the reviews on Amazon.com: “This book is on every serious list of best science fiction novels ever written. After reading this book I can assure you that its status is well deserved. Readers looking for aliens with giant laser beams fighting an intergalactic war for the ULTIMO device should not read this book. However, readers who understand that true classics leave the reader contemplating the true nature of man will enjoy this very much.”
I may just read this book.

One thing not mentioned is genetic manipulation and the downside of messing with nature. I fear that mixing and matching genes between plants and animals, or mixing and matching between different animals, brings on the potential for new viruses for which we have no vaccines.

Every farmer knows not to place ducks and pigs in the same place, knowing that co-habitation can cause flu outbreaks. The thing that concerns me — that could be the stuff of a “minor chastisement” — is the possibility of a superplague caused by man’s maniupulation of his genetic environment.

I don’t know if the Second Coming is tomorrow or a thousand years from now. Questions I ponder are: Can mankind find the wisdom to leave the genetic environment alone? Is mankind able to restrain himself from playing God?

Where does that leave us? Will we last another thousand years? Will mankind survive a possible superplague brought on by his own designs?

My point is: if Mankind doesn’t “grow up” soon, we’ll extinct ourselves within a couple of centuries.

It is OUR generation who will be the least-common-denominator for the next thousand years. The choices THIS GENERATION makes that will determine IF there will be a tomorrow for our great-great-grandchildren.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top