M
Mr_Ignatius
Guest
Hi all,
A friend mentioned to me the other day that it’s a Catholic teaching that there are certain levels existing in Heaven (or something related to that) where you are closer to God in heaven. It does make sense but on the hand it doesn’t because I thought the teaching was that everyone who does enter heaven is pure and is in perfect unity with the will of the Father.
So is it taught that there are different positions (or levels) in heaven where you are placed, which is based on our lives on earth? e.g. people who devote their lives entirely to God would be closer to God in heaven whereas those who have their full faith and trust in the Lord and bears good fruits but is not as dedicated as the former person would not be at such a high level
If I had to take a guess, I would say there aren’t levels. What do you think? Or what do you KNOW? Note that I haven’t done a proper search through the CCC. Not yet at least.
A friend mentioned to me the other day that it’s a Catholic teaching that there are certain levels existing in Heaven (or something related to that) where you are closer to God in heaven. It does make sense but on the hand it doesn’t because I thought the teaching was that everyone who does enter heaven is pure and is in perfect unity with the will of the Father.
So is it taught that there are different positions (or levels) in heaven where you are placed, which is based on our lives on earth? e.g. people who devote their lives entirely to God would be closer to God in heaven whereas those who have their full faith and trust in the Lord and bears good fruits but is not as dedicated as the former person would not be at such a high level
If I had to take a guess, I would say there aren’t levels. What do you think? Or what do you KNOW? Note that I haven’t done a proper search through the CCC. Not yet at least.