M
Mike_from_NJ
Guest
I believe I have found the reference to the quote about the synagogue.John Chrysostom (349-407 AD) - Preached a series of sermons against the Jews in which he stated, “The synagogue is not only a brothel and a theater, it is also a den of robbers and lodging place for wild beasts … Jews are inveterate murderers possessed by the Devil. Their debauchery and drunkenness gives the manners of a pig.” He denied that Jews could ever receive forgiveness. He claimed it was a Christian duty to hate Jews. He claimed that Jews worshiped Satan. And this man was canonized a saint!
Here is the link to his Against the Jews, Homily I. The quote can be found in part 2, chapter 1. The homily also says that the Jews worship demons and sacrifice their children to them.
Please note I am not arguing for or against any position here. I have no dog in this fight. I am merely trying to lend a hand in finding actual quotes so that you all can discuss the matter further.