Are these Signal graces from Mary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shanishani7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shanishani7

Guest
As I had other threads, I am praying 54 days rosary novena, just finished Petition 27 days. And these days I prayed and asked Mary to send me a rose if She heard my prayer, another day I saw a photo with many roses in it. Then I asked Mary to let me see butterfly if the answer of question I asked is Yes. The following days I saw butterflies in photos on web.

Then I asked again to let me see a BLUE butterfly if answer of the question I asked is Yes, another day I really saw BLUE butterflies on web (I surf on web when working).

Last night I want to Confirm again to let me see PINK butterfly if answer of the question I asked is Yes, today I saw PINK butterflies on web.

These are not Co-incidences. These are all so Accurate!! BUT, the situation NOW reflects the Answer is NOT Yes. It means the situation now is contradict with the signals Mary sent me.

Anyone encountered such situation? Should I just really assume the outcome will come out as Yes for SURE? Because Mary knows everything!! Thanks !!! :o
 
As much as you may wish to perceive these as being the results of your prayer, I think that it’s more likely that you willed these results yourself and that this is similar to what is called ‘selection bias’ - i.e. you asked to see a blue butterfly and then went to search online for butterflies and when a blue one appeared, you took it as divinely ordered when instead you essentially ‘stacked the deck’. You might as well have said “let me see a star” and gone outside at night and seen stars in the sky, knowing that they’d be there.

A signal grace is that which has been placed unexpectedly by God in a place that you would not have expected to see it - i.e. the burning bush. You would not put such ‘graces’ to the test by requesting a specific incident.

Keep praying. Your intentions are good and the prayer never goes to waste, but don’t try to test God - you’re more likely to be deceived by someone less savoury…
 
As much as you may wish to perceive these as being the results of your prayer, I think that it’s more likely that you willed these results yourself and that this is similar to what is called ‘selection bias’ - i.e. you asked to see a blue butterfly and then went to search online for butterflies and when a blue one appeared, you took it as divinely ordered when instead you essentially ‘stacked the deck’. You might as well have said “let me see a star” and gone outside at night and seen stars in the sky, knowing that they’d be there.

A signal grace is that which has been placed unexpectedly by God in a place that you would not have expected to see it - i.e. the burning bush. You would not put such ‘graces’ to the test by requesting a specific incident.

Keep praying. Your intentions are good and the prayer never goes to waste, but don’t try to test God - you’re more likely to be deceived by someone less savoury…
I did not go to search butterflies. I only come across those butterflies that reminds me having asked for that during my prayer the night before. I came across all different colors of butterflies unexpectedly.
 
As I had other threads, I am praying 54 days rosary novena, just finished Petition 27 days. And these days I prayed and asked Mary to send me a rose if She heard my prayer, another day I saw a photo with many roses in it. Then I asked Mary to let me see butterfly if the answer of question I asked is Yes. The following days I saw butterflies in photos on web.

Then I asked again to let me see a BLUE butterfly if answer of the question I asked is Yes, another day I really saw BLUE butterflies on web (I surf on web when working).

Last night I want to Confirm again to let me see PINK butterfly if answer of the question I asked is Yes, today I saw PINK butterflies on web.

These are not Co-incidences. These are all so Accurate!! BUT, the situation NOW reflects the Answer is NOT Yes. It means the situation now is contradict with the signals Mary sent me.

Anyone encountered such situation? Should I just really assume the outcome will come out as Yes for SURE? Because Mary knows everything!! Thanks !!! :o
Yes, I can answer you. I have received many confusing signs and some so coincidental that I could not have orchestrated them myself. Even facing ominous signs is not an indicator that the answer is necessary “no” but maybe a “just wait and see and keep praying.” The story of Joseph in the Old Testament and certainly the story Abraham are stories where one would quickly conclude “no.”

This is what I recommend. First, be assured that Mary has heard your prayer and is presenting it before God. Secondly, if the sign gives you hope and makes you draw closer to God in thanksgiving, the sign is of God. Lastly, God’s answer comes in the best way possible and you, yourself, will agree when looking upon it after the fact.

So, do not lose hope. God will grant your heart’s desire if you only do not give up. Reflect on these scriptures and see if they do not convince you.

Sirach 2:10: “Consider the generations long past and see: has anyone trusted in the Lord and been disappointed? Has anyone persevered in his fear and been forsaken? has anyone called upon him and been ignored?”

Romans 5:5: “Hope does not disappoint.”

Psalms 37:4: “Find your delight in the LORD who will give you your heart’s desire.”

I hope this helps.

houston1
 
As I had other threads, I am praying 54 days rosary novena, just finished Petition 27 days. And these days I prayed and asked Mary to send me a rose if She heard my prayer, another day I saw a photo with many roses in it. Then I asked Mary to let me see butterfly if the answer of question I asked is Yes. The following days I saw butterflies in photos on web.

Then I asked again to let me see a BLUE butterfly if answer of the question I asked is Yes, another day I really saw BLUE butterflies on web (I surf on web when working).

Last night I want to Confirm again to let me see PINK butterfly if answer of the question I asked is Yes, today I saw PINK butterflies on web.

These are not Co-incidences. These are all so Accurate!! BUT, the situation NOW reflects the Answer is NOT Yes. It means the situation now is contradict with the signals Mary sent me.

Anyone encountered such situation? Should I just really assume the outcome will come out as Yes for SURE? Because Mary knows everything!! Thanks !!! :o
Instead of being in anguish and hoping we can answer your question, which we cannot, you should talk to your priest.
 
As much as you may wish to perceive these as being the results of your prayer, I think that it’s more likely that you willed these results yourself and that this is similar to what is called ‘selection bias’ - i.e. you asked to see a blue butterfly and then went to search online for butterflies and when a blue one appeared, you took it as divinely ordered when instead you essentially ‘stacked the deck’. You might as well have said “let me see a star” and gone outside at night and seen stars in the sky, knowing that they’d be there.

A signal grace is that which has been placed unexpectedly by God in a place that you would not have expected to see it - i.e. the burning bush. You would not put such ‘graces’ to the test by requesting a specific incident.

Keep praying. Your intentions are good and the prayer never goes to waste, but don’t try to test God - you’re more likely to be deceived by someone less savoury…
I disagree that this conclusion can be drawn. The OP did not provide sufficient information for another person to draw this conclusion. In addition, this is not testing God. The OP is praying and whatever makes one pray is good. Always. Everyone has his or her unique relationship with God and God speaks to each individual in a way that only that individual can understand.

All of mankind is broken and in need of hope. When one turns to God, one has hope.

houston1
 
Instead of being in anguish and hoping we can answer your question, which we cannot, you should talk to your priest.
This is very good advice. Please do talk to your priest and hopefully he can help you sort through the details and give you good counsel.
 
Yes, I can answer you. I have received many confusing signs and some so coincidental that I could not have orchestrated them myself. Even facing ominous signs is not an indicator that the answer is necessary “no” but maybe a “just wait and see and keep praying.” The story of Joseph in the Old Testament and certainly the story Abraham are stories where one would quickly conclude “no.”

This is what I recommend. First, be assured that Mary has heard your prayer and is presenting it before God. Secondly, if the sign gives you hope and makes you draw closer to God in thanksgiving, the sign is of God. Lastly, God’s answer comes in the best way possible and you, yourself, will agree when looking upon it after the fact.

So, do not lose hope. God will grant your heart’s desire if you only do not give up. Reflect on these scriptures and see if they do not convince you.

Sirach 2:10: “Consider the generations long past and see: has anyone trusted in the Lord and been disappointed? Has anyone persevered in his fear and been forsaken? has anyone called upon him and been ignored?”

Romans 5:5: “Hope does not disappoint.”

Psalms 37:4: “Find your delight in the LORD who will give you your heart’s desire.”

I hope this helps.

houston1
Thank you much for the reply. This is so encouraging. I also felt that those are the signs from Mary, I now keep praying the novena. And I only put everything to God and let Him plan for me. :o

How about your signals? Was everything at last turned out to be the same as the signals you received?
 
Thank you much for the reply. This is so encouraging. I also felt that those are the signs from Mary, I now keep praying the novena. And I only put everything to God and let Him plan for me. :o

How about your signals? Was everything at last turned out to be the same as the signals you received?
My signals have been of various kinds including a single red rose given to me by a stranger out of the blue in March 2013 (from St. Therese), a rose bush that suddenly started growing in my front flower bed in April 2014 (also from St. Therese), a mauve rose from St. John of the Cross on December 14, 2013 (his feast day), other roses like white (from the Blessed Mother), various rainbows, and hearing one particular Christian song that is rarely played nowadays because it is old and wasn’t too popular during its time.

All of these signals relate to establishing a friendship with the pastor of my parish and they coincidentally appear as I have an encounter with him or when I am praying a specific novena related to him. I have been working to foster this friendship for approaching three years now, have made much progress in establishing a trusting relationship, but still have a far way to go to really call our relationship a friendship.

Last week on two different days, I just so happened to be in the pick-up line for my son’s school behind a car which had a license plate which had much of my pastor’s name spelled on it with a few missing letters. I noticed it on the first day near 3pm when I was making my prayer intentions for the Divine Mercy chaplet which included prayers related to this priest. As I finished and looked up, I noticed the license plate. Then, on Friday, I came to the pick-up line at an entirely different time, and, again the same car was coincidentally right in front of me. I was so impressed by this that I shared pictures of the license plate with a close girlfriend of mine who is very devout and she instantly recognized it as his name in code.

My desire for this friendship with my pastor weighs heavily on me and I cannot understand why I cannot drop it as it seems disproportionate to my state in life. I am a married woman really trying to live the Gospel. Through this whole thing . . . I have been assailed with various temptations including despair and lust. I cannot understand why God won’t relieve me of this desire and I try to focus all my thoughts and work on how to be a better wife, mother, and parishioner. In addition, my devout girlfriend who I mention above and my spiritual director who is a wise, older priest offer me nothing concrete as to why I can’t get over hoping for a friendship with my pastor.

Recently, I have wondered if this priest will have kind some involvement in my husband becoming a deacon. My husband mentioned the word, deacon, a few days ago thinking that I was going to ask him to become one. We hadn’t discussed it in years. Here are some ominous signs though . . . my husband is not super devout and doesn’t really believe each of us can have a personal relationship with God. So, how can he then suddenly have a call to the deaconate? I am still discerning what all this means and have learned patience and peaceful waiting on God to show me each step. I know that I am in good hands; that whatever it is, is worth the wait; and I won’t be disappointed with the outcome.

“Everything is possible for the one who has faith” (Mk. 9:23).

houston1
 
My signals have been of various kinds including a single red rose given to me by a stranger out of the blue in March 2013 (from St. Therese), a rose bush that suddenly started growing in my front flower bed in April 2014 (also from St. Therese), a mauve rose from St. John of the Cross on December 14, 2013 (his feast day), other roses like white (from the Blessed Mother), various rainbows, and hearing one particular Christian song that is rarely played nowadays because it is old and wasn’t too popular during its time.

All of these signals relate to establishing a friendship with the pastor of my parish and they coincidentally appear as I have an encounter with him or when I am praying a specific novena related to him. I have been working to foster this friendship for approaching three years now, have made much progress in establishing a trusting relationship, but still have a far way to go to really call our relationship a friendship.

Last week on two different days, I just so happened to be in the pick-up line for my son’s school behind a car which had a license plate which had much of my pastor’s name spelled on it with a few missing letters. I noticed it on the first day near 3pm when I was making my prayer intentions for the Divine Mercy chaplet which included prayers related to this priest. As I finished and looked up, I noticed the license plate. Then, on Friday, I came to the pick-up line at an entirely different time, and, again the same car was coincidentally right in front of me. I was so impressed by this that I shared pictures of the license plate with a close girlfriend of mine who is very devout and she instantly recognized it as his name in code.

My desire for this friendship with my pastor weighs heavily on me and I cannot understand why I cannot drop it as it seems disproportionate to my state in life. I am a married woman really trying to live the Gospel. Through this whole thing . . . I have been assailed with various temptations including despair and lust. I cannot understand why God won’t relieve me of this desire and I try to focus all my thoughts and work on how to be a better wife, mother, and parishioner. In addition, my devout girlfriend who I mention above and my spiritual director who is a wise, older priest offer me nothing concrete as to why I can’t get over hoping for a friendship with my pastor.

Recently, I have wondered if this priest will have kind some involvement in my husband becoming a deacon. My husband mentioned the word, deacon, a few days ago thinking that I was going to ask him to become one. We hadn’t discussed it in years. Here are some ominous signs though . . . my husband is not super devout and doesn’t really believe each of us can have a personal relationship with God. So, how can he then suddenly have a call to the deaconate? I am still discerning what all this means and have learned patience and peaceful waiting on God to show me each step. I know that I am in good hands; that whatever it is, is worth the wait; and I won’t be disappointed with the outcome.

“Everything is possible for the one who has faith” (Mk. 9:23).

houston1
There were so many coincidences, especially the roses. So is the friendship of you and the priest become better now? Or maybe if not getting better, it means it’s not God’s will? but you did receive the roses as signs. A little bit contradict like my situation now… :o
 
There were so many coincidences, especially the roses. So is the friendship of you and the priest become better now? Or maybe if not getting better, it means it’s not God’s will? but you did receive the roses as signs. A little bit contradict like my situation now… :o
It sounds contradictory but, perhaps, more likely, more time is needed for everything to unfold. To answer your questions, I have established a very good working relationship with my pastor and have been helpful to him and to our parish, in very needed areas. God is certainly using this desire for good which includes better relationships with my husband and son, since as a married woman, marriage is my vocation.

In receiving the rosebush, I was in the middle of a novena where I specifically asked St. Therese to give me a real rose and not a picture of a rose or the word, “rose”, as confirmation that the friendship with my pastor would occur in this life (and not just in the afterlife!). Several days into the novena, my son came running in the house calling me to come outside to look at what he found. As I arrived, I saw a very small stem popping out of the ground with one red rose bud. I tried yanking it thinking that my son had just stuck it in the ground. But, I couldn’t pull it out because it had taken root.

So, what am I to think? My spiritual director said to me recently that God will grant my request, I just need to give Him leeway. So, that is where I stand. I am waiting patiently to see where God is leading me in this.

Here is what I recommend for you. Keep diligently praying to our Blessed Mother and try to live a holy life as best you can with God’s grace. All things that happen to us in this life are the means to draw us closer to God. So, whatever this is that you want . . . is a call from God that you walk with Him closely. Do not fret if things seem impossible at this time. God can and has unlocked and opened doors in unimaginable ways. Did God not part the Red Sea for the Israelites? Since He did it for them, why can’t He also do that for you and I?

What we must do is to keep praying persistently asking God to lead us on the path that will uncover whatever it is that is causing our desire and that we gain wisdom and grace along the way. God grants temporal goods of this world in tandem with spiritual goods. Otherwise, the temporal good is useless.

houston1
 
As I had other threads, I am praying 54 days rosary novena, just finished Petition 27 days. And these days I prayed and asked Mary to send me a rose if She heard my prayer, another day I saw a photo with many roses in it. Then I asked Mary to let me see butterfly if the answer of question I asked is Yes. The following days I saw butterflies in photos on web.

Then I asked again to let me see a BLUE butterfly if answer of the question I asked is Yes, another day I really saw BLUE butterflies on web (I surf on web when working).

Last night I want to Confirm again to let me see PINK butterfly if answer of the question I asked is Yes, today I saw PINK butterflies on web.

These are not Co-incidences. These are all so Accurate!! BUT, the situation NOW reflects the Answer is NOT Yes. It means the situation now is contradict with the signals Mary sent me.

Anyone encountered such situation? Should I just really assume the outcome will come out as Yes for SURE? Because Mary knows everything!! Thanks !!! :o
A little less than a year ago, I was praying the 54-day novena. On my third or fourth day, as soon as I put my rosary down I heard something like a voice say in my head, “Relax. It will be. Live for Me right now.”

It is easy to obsess over these things. Anxiety and obsession are not from God, and can detract from your relationship with God. The best advice I can give is pursue Christ and all else will fall together. Whatever will be, if it is God’s will you will not miss it 🙂
 
It sounds contradictory but, perhaps, more likely, more time is needed for everything to unfold. To answer your questions, I have established a very good working relationship with my pastor and have been helpful to him and to our parish, in very needed areas. God is certainly using this desire for good which includes better relationships with my husband and son, since as a married woman, marriage is my vocation.
In receiving the rosebush, I was in the middle of a novena where I specifically asked St. Therese to give me a real rose and not a picture of a rose or the word, “rose”, as confirmation that the friendship with my pastor would occur in this life (and not just in the afterlife!). Several days into the novena, my son came running in the house calling me to come outside to look at what he found. As I arrived, I saw a very small stem popping out of the ground with one red rose bud. I tried yanking it thinking that my son had just stuck it in the ground. But, I couldn’t pull it out because it had taken root.
So, what am I to think? My spiritual director said to me recently that God will grant my request, I just need to give Him leeway. So, that is where I stand. I am waiting patiently to see where God is leading me in this.
It looks like the rosebush was really given by St Therese as a sign for you. I also received the butterflies as a sign of the answer to my questions.
Here is what I recommend for you. Keep diligently praying to our Blessed Mother and try to live a holy life as best you can with God’s grace. All things that happen to us in this life are the means to draw us closer to God. So, whatever this is that you want . . . is a call from God that you walk with Him closely. Do not fret if things seem impossible at this time. God can and has unlocked and opened doors in unimaginable ways. Did God not part the Red Sea for the Israelites? Since He did it for them, why can’t He also do that for you and I?
What we must do is to keep praying persistently asking God to lead us on the path that will uncover whatever it is that is causing our desire and that we gain wisdom and grace along the way. God grants temporal goods of this world in tandem with spiritual goods. Otherwise, the temporal good is useless.
Actually my situation now is very complicated. I cannot see clearly actually. I don’t know why God will put the love in my heart towards someone. And the guy told me he has feeling for me, but not ready for any relationship, he insists he has his own personal issues and Not ready. He prefers to stay friends at the moment. It confused me because I don’t know what is the truth, he never tell me what is the issues.

But sometimes I think he does not really treat me that good (he is a little bit self-centered). So I guess maybe that’s why God prevent this relationship from me?

If this is God’s will that I should not be with him, why would God put the love in me towards him? and why would God sent me those signals indicate that he is the one? It is only the signals which give me hope… and let me keep praying…

I felt hurt, sometimes think that the hurt is from the guy Alone, instead of the hurt from the setback of God’s plan, because man has free will.

I am very confused in my situation now, I stay back now, we have not contacted for a few days already… but I still cannot forget and figure out everything… it seems I want to quit this but I cannot…

I keep praying the novena, but feel God is silent and I am walking my path alone… its painful…
 
It looks like the rosebush was really given by St Therese as a sign for you. I also received the butterflies as a sign of the answer to my questions.

Actually my situation now is very complicated. I cannot see clearly actually. I don’t know why God will put the love in my heart towards someone. And the guy told me he has feeling for me, but not ready for any relationship, he insists he has his own personal issues and Not ready. He prefers to stay friends at the moment. It confused me because I don’t know what is the truth, he never tell me what is the issues.

But sometimes I think he does not really treat me that good (he is a little bit self-centered). So I guess maybe that’s why God prevent this relationship from me?

If this is God’s will that I should not be with him, why would God put the love in me towards him? and why would God sent me those signals indicate that he is the one? It is only the signals which give me hope… and let me keep praying…

I felt hurt, sometimes think that the hurt is from the guy Alone, instead of the hurt from the setback of God’s plan, because man has free will.

I am very confused in my situation now, I stay back now, we have not contacted for a few days already… but I still cannot forget and figure out everything… it seems I want to quit this but I cannot…

I keep praying the novena, but feel God is silent and I am walking my path alone… its painful…
Let me first say . . . I know your pain and I understand how situations like yours are very complicated. I also know that well meaning people will offer very generic advice like, “just surrender to God and everything will be okay.” That is true but advice like this is too general to be helpful to one who is suffering such a devastating disappointment as you seem to be facing. However, do not lose hope. Here are some practical considerations for you to ponder and pray.

First off, we ALL are self-centered . . . . our human condition is just that and it takes only God’s grace to overcome our tendency to consider how things either benefit or hinder ourselves, i.e., what’s in it for me? So, I would ask you . . . please put yourself in the shoes of this gentleman and really try to see things from his perspective. If you do not do this, you have little chance of winning his heart. So, ask yourself . . . is this gentleman worth pursuing to really devote time to winning his heart?

Secondly, pull away from this relationship for a bit but not in a huffy manner but in a calm and serene way . . . like you truly accept his “let’s just be friends” statement. Under no circumstances become passive aggressive… this is a real turn-off.

Thirdly, become a servant and, by this, I mean truly try to make your relationship with him about him and his goals and not about you . . . . at all. Be a TRUE listener and not clingy in any way. You may even consider doing unselfish things for him without expecting ANYTHING in return. Again, I caution you not to do anything that is PASSIVE AGRESSIVE in the least. If you do, you will lose him.

Finally, continue praying the novena and then another and another . . . become a devout Catholic. This is of upmost importance in discerning the will of God. All the questions that you ask will be answered in this way. This indeed is a lot of work and effort. But, remember it is God who will grant your request. Your thanksgiving is shown by your eager effort to remember Him in all that you do through your continual prayers. You will not be disappointed if you chose this route.

houston1
 
Let me first say . . . I know your pain and I understand how situations like yours are very complicated. I also know that well meaning people will offer very generic advice like, “just surrender to God and everything will be okay.” That is true but advice like this is too general to be helpful to one who is suffering such a devastating disappointment as you seem to be facing. However, do not lose hope. Here are some practical considerations for you to ponder and pray.

First off, we ALL are self-centered . . . . our human condition is just that and it takes only God’s grace to overcome our tendency to consider how things either benefit or hinder ourselves, i.e., what’s in it for me? So, I would ask you . . . please put yourself in the shoes of this gentleman and really try to see things from his perspective. If you do not do this, you have little chance of winning his heart. So, ask yourself . . . is this gentleman worth pursuing to really devote time to winning his heart?
I think it is worth trying… but I don’t really know his reasons and his “issues”… I have asked for a few times but he is not willing to tell, so I guess maybe that was just as excuse to reject me?.. And so it is difficult for me to put myself in the shoes of him…
Secondly, pull away from this relationship for a bit but not in a huffy manner but in a calm and serene way . . . like you truly accept his “let’s just be friends” statement. Under no circumstances become passive aggressive… this is a real turn-off.
Thirdly, become a servant and, by this, I mean truly try to make your relationship with him about him and his goals and not about you . . . . at all. Be a TRUE listener and not clingy in any way. You may even consider doing unselfish things for him without expecting ANYTHING in return. Again, I caution you not to do anything that is PASSIVE AGRESSIVE in the least. If you do, you will lose him.
What means Passive Agressive things? can you give any examples? I have not contacted him for a few days already, does it count as “passive agressive” ? but he also does not contact me… 😦

I just thought if he wanna contact me he will find me… and thought that if i not contact him, I will forget him gradually… and even i contact him, dunno what to say also… it would be odd…
Finally, continue praying the novena and then another and another . . . become a devout Catholic. This is of upmost importance in discerning the will of God. All the questions that you ask will be answered in this way. This indeed is a lot of work and effort. But, remember it is God who will grant your request. Your thanksgiving is shown by your eager effort to remember Him in all that you do through your continual prayers. You will not be disappointed if you chose this route.
Thank you. I now keep praying the novena… in Day 7 of Thanksgiving phase…
 
I think it is worth trying… but I don’t really know his reasons and his “issues”… I have asked for a few times but he is not willing to tell, so I guess maybe that was just as excuse to reject me?.. And so it is difficult for me to put myself in the shoes of him…

What means Passive Agressive things? can you give any examples? I have not contacted him for a few days already, does it count as “passive agressive” ? but he also does not contact me… 😦

I just thought if he wanna contact me he will find me… and thought that if i not contact him, I will forget him gradually… and even i contact him, dunno what to say also… it would be odd…

Thank you. I now keep praying the novena… in Day 7 of Thanksgiving phase…
At this time, I would suggest that you continue waiting and praying. As you have said, this gentlemen refuses to open up to you. So, leave him alone for now while you pray. Do not attempt to pry this out of him. It will only turn him off. I am not certain how often you run into this gentlemen. When you do see him, be friendly but content . . . like you are really going to respect his boundaries and you accept that you are not boyfriend/girlfriend. This is hard . . . I know. But, this is the most likely chance that you have at maintaining any kind of relationship with him.

I am not accusing you of passive aggressive behavior. I mention this only because I know that when one is hurting it is tempting to resort to using this kind of behavior in order to manipulate the other person. Passive aggressive people try to get their way in an indirect way. The example I have in mind is, e.g., saying something complementary but really wanting the other person to feel bad . . . like, “Johnny, you look so happy. It’s great that things are going your way. It would be nice if I had the same chances for happiness.” There are more types of passive aggressive behaviors. Here is a link if you are interested in other examples.

quora.com/What-are-some-examples-of-passive-aggressive-behavior

Furthermore, your desires to have a relationship with a man with the hopes of marriage is a very good and holy desire. If your desire for this persists and you keep praying to our Blessed Mother to lead you to the right man, God will put you in the right place at the right time for this to happen. Whether it is your current gentlemen or not, I cannot say. Only God knows this for sure. Just keep open and God will grant your desire.

Lastly and most importantly, now is the time for you to spend working on your own personal holiness. Holy persons attract other holy persons and this is what God desires for you. In addition, a truly generous, unselfish, and loving person is very attractive to be around, i.e., one who is a good listener, patient, gentle, kind, and with a quiet confidence in God . . . not pushy, spiteful, clingy, or chattery. It may be helpful to meditate on each of the attributes of love. You probably know these verses since they are read at almost every wedding and will likely be read at yours. 1 Cor. 13:4-8:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails . . .”

See . . . love never fails. God is love and He will never fail you. So, trust that He has something great in store for you. The ominous signs that you are currently facing are not an indicator of your future. If you patiently wait on God, you will not be disappointed.

houston1
 
At this time, I would suggest that you continue waiting and praying. As you have said, this gentlemen refuses to open up to you. So, leave him alone for now while you pray. Do not attempt to pry this out of him. It will only turn him off. I am not certain how often you run into this gentlemen. When you do see him, be friendly but content . . . like you are really going to respect his boundaries and you accept that you are not boyfriend/girlfriend. This is hard . . . I know. But, this is the most likely chance that you have at maintaining any kind of relationship with him.

I am not accusing you of passive aggressive behavior. I mention this only because I know that when one is hurting it is tempting to resort to using this kind of behavior in order to manipulate the other person. Passive aggressive people try to get their way in an indirect way. The example I have in mind is, e.g., saying something complementary but really wanting the other person to feel bad . . . like, “Johnny, you look so happy. It’s great that things are going your way. It would be nice if I had the same chances for happiness.” There are more types of passive aggressive behaviors. Here is a link if you are interested in other examples.

quora.com/What-are-some-examples-of-passive-aggressive-behavior

Furthermore, your desires to have a relationship with a man with the hopes of marriage is a very good and holy desire. If your desire for this persists and you keep praying to our Blessed Mother to lead you to the right man, God will put you in the right place at the right time for this to happen. Whether it is your current gentlemen or not, I cannot say. Only God knows this for sure. Just keep open and God will grant your desire.

Lastly and most importantly, now is the time for you to spend working on your own personal holiness. Holy persons attract other holy persons and this is what God desires for you. In addition, a truly generous, unselfish, and loving person is very attractive to be around, i.e., one who is a good listener, patient, gentle, kind, and with a quiet confidence in God . . . not pushy, spiteful, clingy, or chattery. It may be helpful to meditate on each of the attributes of love. You probably know these verses since they are read at almost every wedding and will likely be read at yours. 1 Cor. 13:4-8:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails . . .”

See . . . love never fails. God is love and He will never fail you. So, trust that He has something great in store for you. The ominous signs that you are currently facing are not an indicator of your future. If you patiently wait on God, you will not be disappointed.

houston1
Thank you much for your advice and help. I think it is time to give up on this person and to move on, because last night I prayed and opened bible (usually God always reveal His words to me as a response for what He wants to let me know.)

After I prayed and opened bible, there was psalms 33 - The greatness and goodness of God. Then I read on, in Psalms 146 :“Do not put your trust in princes, in mortals, in whom there is no help. When their breath departs, they return to the earth; on that very day their plans perish. Happy are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God.”

This is so true, my trust on this person really disappointed me much. I think God wants me to put the trust and love to God instead of any mere mortal (this person). So I think this person is not meant to be for me, because he is very inconsistent and unstable, and I guess is not meant to be. Maybe there are some issues of him or some lies behind him. So just put hope and trust on God, maybe there is another better one later.

I know it is a little bit sudden, but everytime God really points me out the Truth, and guides me to walk the right path.

God bless you also. :o
 
Thank you much for your advice and help. I think it is time to give up on this person and to move on, because last night I prayed and opened bible (usually God always reveal His words to me as a response for what He wants to let me know.)

After I prayed and opened bible, there was psalms 33 - The greatness and goodness of God. Then I read on, in Psalms 146 :“Do not put your trust in princes, in mortals, in whom there is no help. When their breath departs, they return to the earth; on that very day their plans perish. Happy are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God.”

This is so true, my trust on this person really disappointed me much. I think God wants me to put the trust and love to God instead of any mere mortal (this person). So I think this person is not meant to be for me, because he is very inconsistent and unstable, and I guess is not meant to be. Maybe there are some issues of him or some lies behind him. So just put hope and trust on God, maybe there is another better one later.

I know it is a little bit sudden, but everytime God really points me out the Truth, and guides me to walk the right path.

God bless you also. :o
I know that some of the saints have done the random opening of a page in the Bible to receive guidance from God. I agree that our hope is in God and not any person. From this experience, I am sure you realize how little control each of us have over another person and we cannot trust anyone like we can trust God.

Keep praying and God will show what to do next. It’s great that you continually seek His guidance.

May God bless you.

houston1
 
I know that some of the saints have done the random opening of a page in the Bible to receive guidance from God. I agree that our hope is in God and not any person. From this experience, I am sure you realize how little control each of us have over another person and we cannot trust anyone like we can trust God.

Keep praying and God will show what to do next. It’s great that you continually seek His guidance.

May God bless you.

houston1
Thank you so much for your suggestions also, I will also take your advices on living a holy life. Become a better person. :o

The way of turning a random page in Bible is really a communication with God. I remember about a year ago after my dad passed away, I asked God about my dad for 3 times in 3 months, and opened bible.

The first time I turned to is about Eternal Life for those Baptized (my dad was miraculously willing to be baptized 2 months before his death, and he finished all sacraments including Holy communion and Anoiting of Sick just 2 weeks before his death). The second time I turned to is about the Bread and Wine gives human Eternal Life.

The third time is Corinthians 1 - Our Resurrection : "Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith is also vain. Moreover, we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we witnessed against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. Then those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied."

After I read the 3rd time, it seems God blaming me for lack of faith. I dare not to ask again, but I know it’s God response to me, telling me my dad is in heaven (or purgatory for a while) and not to worry. 🙂 3 times in total, not a co-incidence, but God’s message for me.

There are also many times I asked and opened Bible, and God guided me a way. One time, I asked God what He wants me to do for Him, the page I turned to is about serving the weak and the poor. Another time, I got serious illness and the page I turned to is about the Physicians and Doctors, about doctors are from God to heal people, and asked me to have faith and patience, finally my illness was healed.

I did not know some Saints also use this method. Which Saints are they? What are their names?
 
Thank you so much for your suggestions also, I will also take your advices on living a holy life. Become a better person. :o

The way of turning a random page in Bible is really a communication with God. I remember about a year ago after my dad passed away, I asked God about my dad for 3 times in 3 months, and opened bible.

The first time I turned to is about Eternal Life for those Baptized (my dad was miraculously willing to be baptized 2 months before his death, and he finished all sacraments including Holy communion and Anoiting of Sick just 2 weeks before his death). The second time I turned to is about the Bread and Wine gives human Eternal Life.

The third time is Corinthians 1 - Our Resurrection : "Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith is also vain. Moreover, we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we witnessed against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. Then those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied."

After I read the 3rd time, it seems God blaming me for lack of faith. I dare not to ask again, but I know it’s God response to me, telling me my dad is in heaven (or purgatory for a while) and not to worry. 🙂 3 times in total, not a co-incidence, but God’s message for me.

There are also many times I asked and opened Bible, and God guided me a way. One time, I asked God what He wants me to do for Him, the page I turned to is about serving the weak and the poor. Another time, I got serious illness and the page I turned to is about the Physicians and Doctors, about doctors are from God to heal people, and asked me to have faith and patience, finally my illness was healed.

I did not know some Saints also use this method. Which Saints are they? What are their names?
Thanks for sharing those stories. I’ve had numerous coincidences involving scripture verses at times where I was experiencing moments of doubts.

The saint who turned to random pages of the Bible was St. Augustine. I am sure there are others. Right now, I am reading a book written by Fr. James Martin, S.J. and he tells of his experience of working with a Brother Bill who also turned to random pages in the Bible. In Brother Bill’s case, he came across the same words seven different times in different places in the Bible. This impressed him so much that he started a gang street ministry in Chicago.

So, God does speak to us in so many ways and it is different for each person . . . sometimes through scripture, sometimes through a homily, chance meetings, and/or dreams. . . . the list is endless. With God, there are no coincidences. And, if one has doubt, one should take a step of faith and see where God may be leading.

houston1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top