A
ahs
Guest
In a blog article I wrote, WHAT IS AN APOLOGIST, I briefly dicussed the origin of the word “apologetics” from the Greek “apologia” which is used in 1Pet 3:15.
Given the context, I would say that each and every one of us is called to this task. However, it’s only natural that some people aren’t going to be able to do it with that gentleness and reverence that Peter says we should have while making our defense. I think the answer to my question is “yes and no” and falls into that area where each person must do what he can within his own limits…but necessarily we must all be able to give at least the most basic reasoning of our faith when called to task for it.
Thoughts?
Given the context, I would say that each and every one of us is called to this task. However, it’s only natural that some people aren’t going to be able to do it with that gentleness and reverence that Peter says we should have while making our defense. I think the answer to my question is “yes and no” and falls into that area where each person must do what he can within his own limits…but necessarily we must all be able to give at least the most basic reasoning of our faith when called to task for it.
Thoughts?