Are we being attacked by evil influences?

  • Thread starter Thread starter diddysmummy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diddysmummy

Guest
I don’t know if this is the right area to post this so please forum moderator do move if not! But I beg for prayers and help with this.

About 18 months ago my (non catholic) husband of 15 yes was unfaithful to me. Our child now 4 had taken up most of my attention away from him (his reasons for looking outside the relationship). I was working full time in a very demanding job and struggling to cope emotionally having lost my father a year before and having had post natal depression. I was being treated badly at work by Senior staff and was diagnosed with clinical depression. This all started in 2011 when my daughter was about 6 mos old after I returned to work from maternity leave and escalated coming to a head at work in January 2013. My boss made me subject to a competency investigation which I came out of really well. The issues were of their making not mine and I was deemed professionally competent by an outside agency. I felt humiliated to have had to submit to this but grateful of their comments and report. Things then started to improve at work gradually, I started to improve in my mental health and eventually started to feel much better. Until I discovered my husbands infidelity. He was instantly contrite and immediately deleted all contact with said person. This was around October 2013.

I have (still) major trust issues and we are regularly arguing. I very stupidly listened to his sister who proclaims herself a medium. I was weak and desperate for a sign that all would be well. Instead she told me we would split and he was still being unfaithful or would be again.

I know I should never have sought her “help” what she does cannot come from God. I should have continued my prayers for God’s guidance on me and husband and had faith in His good Grace. I now fear that I have opened myself and my husband to evil as things haven’t got better they have deteriorated further!

I love my husband and want the marriage to succeed.

I am sorry for baring such personal information to all here but pray for advice and help with this from good Christian people. I ask for help to guard against and deliverance from any possible evil my stupidity in listening to my sister in law may have exposed me to.

Sorry for such a long post! Hoping someone can help. Am at my wits end!

God bless to all. Xxx
 
I would go to confession regarding contacting the medium, and tell the priest the your husband’s sister is dabbling in this. it is dangerous spiritually, her message was unkind and false, so be careful with dealing with her, and telling her too much about your marriage and life. When I am around people like this, I always wear my St. Benedicts medal for protection.

Put action behind your faith for marriage restoration, and pray through St. Michael and St. Benedict. You can have your home blessed too. Follow your priests advice regarding her and rebuilding your marriage.
 
Diddysmummy, I agree with mommy k in that I would also go to confession, and also talk to a priest.

I always think that using/wearing blessed Sacramentals like medals are a good idea, too. I always feel comforted by them.

I also agree with praying for the intercession of St. Michael and of St. Benedict, too. You can also ask your Guardian angel to help you, too.
 
I would go to confession regarding contacting the medium, and tell the priest the your husband’s sister is dabbling in this. it is dangerous spiritually, her message was unkind and false, so be careful with dealing with her, and telling her too much about your marriage and life. When I am around people like this, I always wear my St. Benedicts medal for protection.

Put action behind your faith for marriage restoration, and pray through St. Michael and St. Benedict. You can have your home blessed too. Follow your priests advice regarding her and rebuilding your marriage.
I, too, agree with this!

And, “diddysmummy”…It is a great grace that you were able to come on here and share that. Thanks be to God! Pursue the right thing to do, and our Lord Jesus Christ will bless you abundantly.
 
Diddysmummy, yes your family is being attacked by influences of evil spirits. That is why you should pray the Rosary daily in order to have our Blessed Mother’s protection of your family. In the 15 promises of the Rosary, Our Lady said that those who pray the Rosary will never suffer MISFORTUNE.

🙂
 
I would go to confession regarding contacting the medium, and tell the priest the your husband’s sister is dabbling in this. it is dangerous spiritually, her message was unkind and false, so be careful with dealing with her, and telling her too much about your marriage and life. When I am around people like this, I always wear my St. Benedicts medal for protection.

Put action behind your faith for marriage restoration, and pray through St. Michael and St. Benedict. You can have your home blessed too. Follow your priests advice regarding her and rebuilding your marriage.
While I completely agree with this plan of action; the husband has to be accountable for his behavior, as well. Is he seeing his priest or seeking spiritual counseling? Both partners have to work together to make this happen. He obviously has some issues of his own to seek relationships outside the marriage.
 
Thank you all for your advice. I will definitely act on it. Convert1 my husband is not a believer. So he doesn’t have the benefit of our faith or counsel of a priest.
 
Thank you all for your advice. I will definitely act on it. Convert1 my husband is not a believer. So he doesn’t have the benefit of our faith or counsel of a priest.
The parish priest would see your husband if you wish. Just phone him and make an appointment for both of you to come in the first time. Then the priest will decide what would be best from there. But your husband must be willing and not forced. The priest may know of other suggestions and resources to help you both.

Sounds like he is a fortunate man to have you as his wife.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.
 
Some great advice given. You have been through a horrific ordeal which would have seen many a person sunk; you have survived. This in itself is a massive achievement.

You need a plan of action to stick to. Immediately you need to confess contact with a medium. Unless this is confessed and repented of/renounced the evil will in a sense have a ‘legal’ right to meddle in your marriage. Then get hold of blessed salt, oil, holy water, medals (miraculous and St Benedict’s), holy pictures, crucifix. Have these blessed with the appropriate blessings proper to them. Place a St Benedict’s medal in each room of your home. Sprinkle holy water and blessed salt around your home on a daily basis. You need to keep this up for a while; this is spiritual warfare and the evil one will not give up easily or without a fight. You need to make your home unpleasant terrain for the evil spirits.

Get a book of Catholic prayers for deliverance, protection etc. such as Larry Cummings book ‘Evil and its effects on Everyday Life’. Use these prayers regularly. Keep contact with your sister in law to an absolute minimum; do not divulge anything to her whatsoever. If your husband has regular contact with her then try to steer him away discretely. Perhaps place a blessed St Benedict’s medal on something he keeps on his person if he will not wear it e.g. key ring.

Needless to say keep going to Mass at least once a week, more if possible. The evil one loves the destruction, pain, misery, conflict and sadness that follows infidelity in a marriage and loves nothing more than to tear families apart and will gladly help in this. He cannot abide love and seeks to destroy it.

Where the evil one seeks to sow hate, suspicion, mistrust, you need to build up love. Don’t argue with your husband. Continue to show love to him (even if you cannot trust him - the trust will be regained later). Do family stuff together. Have fun. Have a family holiday.

Keep away from your sister in law. Whether she realises it or not she is being used by the evil one. Her influence will be poisonous either way.

May God Bless you and your family.
 
I very stupidly listened to his sister who proclaims herself a medium. I was weak and desperate for a sign that all would be well. Instead she told me we would split and he was still being unfaithful or would be again.
This was the part that jumped out at me–his sister, as in, your sister-in-law, told you that he was still being unfaithful and is going to leave you?

Let’s drop the medium part from this. Ignore that completely. That his sister is saying that he’s still being unfaithful and is planning to leave screams big huge red flag at me–because she didn’t need to get this information from ‘supernatural’ means. This is her brother–he may have said something to her, or she may have seen things with her own two eyes.

The question that you might want to ask yourself is this:

1.) Do my SIL and I get along?

If the answer is no, then she’s plain old being nasty and doing her best to drive a wedge between you and your husband. Disregard her.

If the answer is yes…then you may want to consider that she might be trying to give you a heads-up that her brother is up to no good.

Disregard the whole ‘medium’ angle for a bit–the fact that his own sister (not a stranger to your husband and his ways) is saying this (when she’d have knowledge of his doings through normal means) would have me saying, “What exactly do you know?”

Sorry to sound alarmist, but this is just a big red flag for me.
 
Indigo Cardinal’s advice (#10 on this thread, just above this one) is admirably down-to-earth and very sensible. Aside from the “medium” thing, what sort of woman is she? When the two of them were still living at home with their parents, did they get on well together? Was there some other girl that he might have married, and if so, is it someone that your sister-in-law was friendly with and would have preferred? Or is it quite the opposite – does she perhaps harbor some grudge or grievance against him, so that she might be actively seeking to make him unhappy? It’s a problem to be approached in material terms, of personal likes and dislikes, envy, jealousy, and so on, as well as the crystal ball business.
 
hello…

Yes, going to confession where the priest can pray over you… I have asked for this protection myself, frequent confession.

Regular confession is a beautiful sacrament given to us!

Praying the rosary daily, asking Mary for her protection and prayers.
I just read
33 Days to Morning Glory by Fr Michael E. Gaitley is a do it yourself retreat in preparation
for Marian Consecration. It is beautiful and an easy read.

Lastly…Do not work to understand evil. do not try to figure it out.
Give person or situation to Jesus and Mary.

My prayers …
 
Our Lady said that those who pray the Rosary will never suffer MISFORTUNE.

🙂
Actually I think Our Lady promised we would never be CONQUERED by misfortune, not that we would never have it.

I will add the OP and her husband to my prayers.
 
I don’t think she has any particular axe to grind and he has never ever done anything like this in the past. In fact he’d have been the last man on earth I’d have thought capable of infidelity. I think she is being controlled by evil forces. Their father passed away several years ago and something apparently talks to her asserting it is her father. Their mother is also taken in by all this and attends a spiritualist church. A big problem I have is that at the moment I am dependent on my mother in law for some of our childcare arrangements. I have prayed for protection for my little girl. I’m also worried about her picking up anything from them as they are wide open to these forces. She is baptised and attends mass with me and goes to a Catholic primary school. We pray together. She has rosaries in her room and knows the Hail Mary and Our Father. She’s 4. I have little choice at the minute regarding childcare. She starts school full time in September and this will mean I no longer need his family’s help. They love her and are not bad people but are easily influenced by these spiritualist beliefs. I prayed for the sil to be deaf dumb and blind to evil forces. And continue to do so.
Xx
 
I also meant to say thank you for all your brilliant advice and for the really kind comments. I am no longer the confidant person I used to be, and particularly so at work. But I am getting much better and trying my hardest to be the person I think God wants me to be. With His grace I will be.

God’s blessing to all on this forum!

Xx
 
The devil mostly works in the shadows, rarely does it or it’s accomplices reveal themselves in any visible manner. We are all under this threat constantly. Lucky would we be if possessions occurred more often or if there would be more visible signs of demonic activity, since it would strengthen the faith of many and would make more people be weary of the devil. The best way for any human being to fall prey of demonic forces is to succumb to every day temptations, which is the way most demonic forces work. So yes you are being assaulted by the devil, most certainly your husband even more so if he is still cheating or thinking of cheating.
 
I just wanted to post an update to this thread. I took on board the advice and went to confession. I’ve prayed for protection from evil for me and my family. I am happy to say it all seems to be improving. Small steps and continual prayer. With God’s blessing we will pull through and be a stronger family. Secure in the knowledge that God loves and protects us always. I am so blessed in so many ways. I thank God for these blessings. Thank you all again. May God bless you all. Xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top