L
LotusCarsLtd
Guest
I decided to post this topic in both the Moral Theology and Family forums as I feel it is relevant in both places. Now I must first and foremost state that I am a practicing Catholic who is faithful to Church teaching, so the following objections are not disagreements with Church teaching. Rather, I find that one of the most effective means for understanding anything—including Church teaching—is to play the role of the Devil’s advocate and to pose objections to those teachings so as to better understand and thus defend them.
The following objections I will post in series rather than posting them all at once since I want each objection fully and extensively rebutted before moving onto the rest. Each of these objections is based on what I found being used online to defend gay “marriage”. Please note that some objections have subsections with arguments that relate to the main objection but are similar enough to be listed as a subsection rather than an entirely new objection.
And I must also stress that everyone MUST stay on topic. If not I’ll flag, delete, remove, etc. anything that deviates from the topic at hand (or whatever…I haven’t done this before so I don’t know how and if I can). I just want answers, not side debate.
Pax Tecum.
Objections 1 and 2:
The following objections I will post in series rather than posting them all at once since I want each objection fully and extensively rebutted before moving onto the rest. Each of these objections is based on what I found being used online to defend gay “marriage”. Please note that some objections have subsections with arguments that relate to the main objection but are similar enough to be listed as a subsection rather than an entirely new objection.
And I must also stress that everyone MUST stay on topic. If not I’ll flag, delete, remove, etc. anything that deviates from the topic at hand (or whatever…I haven’t done this before so I don’t know how and if I can). I just want answers, not side debate.
Pax Tecum.
Objections 1 and 2:
- To deny gays the right to marry amounts to an attack on their human dignity
- a. Marriage is a human right and efforts to ban gay marriage deny gays this right
- Being against gay marriage is hateful, intolerant, and discriminatory