Ash Wednesday- confession needed?

• Thread starter Thread starter Feanaro_s_Wife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Feanaro_s_Wife

**Hubby and I weren’t planning on being able to attend tonight’s Mass but things have changed and we are able to now go. I know I can’t receive Communion without prior confession of any mortal sins, but what about the ashes? Do I have to abstain from that part too? I cannot get to confession before the service:(

malia**

Yes, you can receive, ashes are a Sacramental. Even non-catholics can receive, so if you can invite a friend!
Go on up and receive the ashes.

God Bless
Scylla

Hubby and I weren’t planning on being able to attend tonight’s Mass but things have changed and we are able to now go. I know I can’t receive Communion without prior confession of any mortal sins, but what about the ashes? Do I have to abstain from that part too? I cannot get to confession before the service:(

malia
Ashes are a sacramental not a Sacrament. Anyone can use sacramentals to obtain Actual Grace.

**Thank you so much!!! I am so relieved. And yes, I will be getting my butt to confession at the earliest opportunity:o

malia**

Just a suggestion, you might call the Parish and see if Father can hear your Confession just before Mass.

Just a suggestion, you might call the Parish and see if Father can hear your Confession just before Mass.
**The thought had crossed my mind but it’s going to be tight to get out of the house on time as it is… but thanks for the suggestion!

malia**

anyone can receive ashes, no matter what religion, no matter what age, no matter the state of their soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back