Ash Wednesday Fasting...Does anyone know what is served to sisters in convents on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday?

  • Thread starter Thread starter graceandglory
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

graceandglory

Guest
Ash Wednesday Fasting…Does anyone know what is served to sisters in convents on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday?

My reason for asking, is I believe that what nuns in community life get by on is going to be more appropriate for me than what the guidelines say. If I followed the guidelines, it wouldn’t be considered fasting for me.

Maybe I’ll just phone a convent.

Thank you for any direction, and may you have a most blessed Lent.
 
Ash Wednesday Fasting…Does anyone know what is served to sisters in convents on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday?

My reason for asking, is I believe that what nuns in community life get by on is going to be more appropriate for me than what the guidelines say. If I followed the guidelines, it wouldn’t be considered fasting for me.

Maybe I’ll just phone a convent.

Thank you for any direction, and may you have a most blessed Lent.
Dear friend, just ask them. They’ll all be different I imagine. God bless:)
 
I’m sure some of them are only eating bread and water, if that helps any.

-Jeanne
 
Here’s what I know (because I there, actually, on an Ash Wednesday). Because it is a fast day, I think there’s only 1 main meal, and it was at lunch (although they called it dinner). It was meatless, and if I remember rightly (it was years ago), it was lots of vegetables and the protein was hard-boiled eggs. There was plenty of bread and butter for carbs and fat. It was really good, I thought, and well-balanced.

The evening meal (what I called dinner, but they referred to it as collation) was a light pick-up type, with soup, bread, and fruit.

At all meals, there was water, milk or coffee to drink.
 
Here’s what I know (because I there, actually, on an Ash Wednesday). Because it is a fast day, I think there’s only 1 main meal, and it was at lunch (although they called it dinner). It was meatless, and if I remember rightly (it was years ago), it was lots of vegetables and the protein was hard-boiled eggs. There was plenty of bread and butter for carbs and fat. It was really good, I thought, and well-balanced.

The evening meal (what I called dinner, but they referred to it as collation) was a light pick-up type, with soup, bread, and fruit.

At all meals, there was water, milk or coffee to drink.
Wow That sounds like a worthy diet for any Friday in Lent…Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top