Asian Giant Hornet Nest Found in WA. State

• Thread starter Thread starter CradleRC58
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay me and I’ll assist in hunting down and destroying every last one of these abominations.

I’m concerned that these things are big enough to be tracked by attaching a GPS to one of them.

The real concern is that they decimate native bees.

We must eradicate them at all cost!

Actually, they’re big enough to tie dental floss to their legs. That’s how they tracked them back to the nest.

And, they actively seek out beehives. They don’t belong on this continent, and must be annihilated.

Lol

Not that big thankfully. But they have a three inch wingspan.

Just vacuum the suckers up! That fixes it. Yay for the humble tool of the housewife. Glad you guys got that nest before it got out of control.
Although burning the tree will be a very good idea too, eggs, nests all all that.

Last edited:
These are not Asian Hornets but they are bald-faced hornets. Guy has fun with them…

Glad you guys got that nest before it got out of control.
I would not be so certain.
I believe I have seen one before.

Years ago I saw a yellow jacket hanging out on the side of my house.
I remember it well because the thing was just sitting there and it looked to be the size of a saucer.

I went to get wasp spray, but when I got back it had flown off. Never saw one again.

Didn’t think much of it until this year.

This was the southeast US almost two decades ago.

I would not be so certain.
I believe I have seen one before.

Years ago I saw a yellow jacket hanging out on the side of my house.
I remember it well because the thing was just sitting there and it looked to be the size of a saucer.

I went to get wasp spray, but when I got back it had flown off. Never saw one again.

Didn’t think much of it until this year.

This was the southeast US almost two decades ago.
A yellow jacket is different to the Asian giant hornet isnt it? Is it what we call the European wasp,
this one in the picture
https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/european-wasp/european-wasp-identification-guide

i hate them, they get really angry if they are swatted and then get their mates to come and attack.

Last edited:
I hate wasps, they sting and ruin BBQs. I hate funnel web spiders more though. It is heading into summer here, insect time. The bees are all out now buzzing around, pollinating the Jasmine, but the European Wasps are still kind of sleepy. I like bees as an old lady who likes fragrant flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back