Asking a priest for blessing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eruvande
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eruvande

Guest
I’m sorry to be peppering the forum with silly and obvious questions. here’s the thing - I am going to mass on Saturday, for the first time in quite some time, and don’t really understand the etiquette. I’d like it if I could ask the priest to bless my rosary - but I don’t know how! Does one ask at the door when he is shaking hands with everyone who leaves? Should I wait and speak to him when in the parish centre having coffee. Or should I just phone him up separately, though probably not until after Easter as I imagine that’s a pretty busy time for Priests. I’m as green as grass, as you can probably tell!
 
It’s OK—I was once as green as grass, too. 😉

You can always call your Parish Secretary/Receptionist, and ask how it should be done. These people are a veritable fountain of information, very under-appreciated.

At my parish, we leave items with Parish Secretary/Receptionist with our contact information. When Father is finished, we get a call to come pick it up.
 
I usually ask after mass. He often will have a spare moment, and it only takes 2 minutes or less.

May Our Lady intercede for you most powerfully.
 
I’m sorry to be peppering the forum with silly and obvious questions. here’s the thing - I am going to mass on Saturday, for the first time in quite some time, and don’t really understand the etiquette. I’d like it if I could ask the priest to bless my rosary - but I don’t know how! Does one ask at the door when he is shaking hands with everyone who leaves? Should I wait and speak to him when in the parish centre having coffee. Or should I just phone him up separately, though probably not until after Easter as I imagine that’s a pretty busy time for Priests. I’m as green as grass, as you can probably tell!
Not silly and not obvious if you haven’t been active in The Church for a long time.
In answer, After mass, just ask him, Father can you bless my rosary or Father, my family and I are going on a long trip, would you mind blessing my family and our car for a safe trip, or whatever you need.
 
as Father after mass. But maybe hang out a little and wait until the number of people waiting to speak with him dwindles down a bit.

And if he doesn’t know you, introduce yourself too!

Welcome home!

God Bless
 
Just bring it to him after Mass and say “Father, would you please bless my rosary?” Will take all of 15 or 20 seconds. Only once when I wanted my St. Benedict’s Medal blessed according to Benedictine tradition did I have to wait another week or two until the prayers for it could be found.
 
We have asked the priest after mass to bless my Bible, the miraculous medals we wear and the religious items we have at home on our family altar and elsewhere in our house. They always do it–with no problem.
 
You can safely approach after Holy Mass to the sacristy and ask. The priest should bless.
If he don’t have time - arrange a specific time! For example, the next day before Holy Mass.

Greetings 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top