N
nr1985
Guest
Dear all;
I’m having a little trouble with the Assumption teaching. I completely accept the Church teaching that this happened, and why.
What I’m curious about, is where Mary, and Jesus for that matter, went.
We think of heaven as a place, but often are told to re-think this through, and establish that it isn’t a kingdom on top of the clouds; moreover it is where we will have the beatific vision.
What I can’t get to grips with, is how two physical bodies are able to reside in heaven. They both ‘went’ somewhere; i.e. to a physical place.
Is there any church teaching on what happened to Mary after her assumption? Clearly she has been witnessed at Lourdes and Fatima since, and we know that Jesus will have the same physical body bearing his wounds for all eternity.
I just can’t see how physical bodies are able to reside in heaven. I can’t imagine they float around!
I’m having a little trouble with the Assumption teaching. I completely accept the Church teaching that this happened, and why.
What I’m curious about, is where Mary, and Jesus for that matter, went.
We think of heaven as a place, but often are told to re-think this through, and establish that it isn’t a kingdom on top of the clouds; moreover it is where we will have the beatific vision.
What I can’t get to grips with, is how two physical bodies are able to reside in heaven. They both ‘went’ somewhere; i.e. to a physical place.
Is there any church teaching on what happened to Mary after her assumption? Clearly she has been witnessed at Lourdes and Fatima since, and we know that Jesus will have the same physical body bearing his wounds for all eternity.
I just can’t see how physical bodies are able to reside in heaven. I can’t imagine they float around!