K
KittyMomma
Guest
Hello, I am a new poster, but have visited these forums for quite some time. I have a bit of a problem. Where to begin…
I was Baptised, Confirmed and welcomed into the Church at the Easter Vigil on April 6, 1996 (wow, my anniversary was yesterday). Anyway, in the beginning I was really on a spiritual high (so to-speak) but things happened in my life and I fell away (I didn’t actually leave the church, but was a stupid kid and let my social life come first). I met my DH and we both came back Home and were married almost 6 years ago. Once again, I fell away notice a pattern?). Then about 2 years ago, I felt the need to come Home again. Which I did - and my spiritual life was really getting the foundations it needed. I attended Mass weekly, I went to Confession at least once a month and have prayed the Rosary daily.
If you’re still with me, I thank you. For the last few months, I hvae been feeling almost like I’m just going through the motions. Then 3 weeks ago, I stopped going to Mass, stopped praying and stopped saying my Rosary at night. I feel like I am going through a dark night of the soul, but at least Mother Theresa stayed in the race. What is wrong with me? I don’t want to abandon my faith again. I know I can’t be in the honeymoon-mode all the time, but this is really bothering me. I feel in my soul that my spiritual life is, well, lazy. My heart tells me that Faith is a gift and that I need to work at getting it back, but I am so blah on the inside that I don’t even know where to begin.
In my heart of hearts I believe in the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins - but why am I having such a hard time with this? This is Holy Week, I should be preparing for Easter, but… ugh.
Has anyone ever felt like this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I know I should speak with my priest, but I just don’t know what to even say.
I was Baptised, Confirmed and welcomed into the Church at the Easter Vigil on April 6, 1996 (wow, my anniversary was yesterday). Anyway, in the beginning I was really on a spiritual high (so to-speak) but things happened in my life and I fell away (I didn’t actually leave the church, but was a stupid kid and let my social life come first). I met my DH and we both came back Home and were married almost 6 years ago. Once again, I fell away notice a pattern?). Then about 2 years ago, I felt the need to come Home again. Which I did - and my spiritual life was really getting the foundations it needed. I attended Mass weekly, I went to Confession at least once a month and have prayed the Rosary daily.
If you’re still with me, I thank you. For the last few months, I hvae been feeling almost like I’m just going through the motions. Then 3 weeks ago, I stopped going to Mass, stopped praying and stopped saying my Rosary at night. I feel like I am going through a dark night of the soul, but at least Mother Theresa stayed in the race. What is wrong with me? I don’t want to abandon my faith again. I know I can’t be in the honeymoon-mode all the time, but this is really bothering me. I feel in my soul that my spiritual life is, well, lazy. My heart tells me that Faith is a gift and that I need to work at getting it back, but I am so blah on the inside that I don’t even know where to begin.
In my heart of hearts I believe in the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins - but why am I having such a hard time with this? This is Holy Week, I should be preparing for Easter, but… ugh.
Has anyone ever felt like this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I know I should speak with my priest, but I just don’t know what to even say.