At Mass, do you receive both the Body and Blood of Christ?

• Thread starter Thread starter TheTruth0723
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I receive both when available. Some people have said, “How can you drink from that cup after others.” I say because 1) that IS Christ and I trust him (2) because I am in union with all the others in church. To me for people to make the argument about “germs” implies a lack of faith in the realm presence of Christ.

Bob

No. Just the body of Christ. My Church does not offer the Blood of Christ. I occasionaly attend 2 other churches near my house and they do offer the Blood of Christ but I don’t take it mostly out of habit.

40.png
trailblazer:
I receive both when available. Some people have said, “How can you drink from that cup after others.” I say because 1) that IS Christ and I trust him (2) because I am in union with all the others in church. To me for people to make the argument about “germs” implies a lack of faith in the realm presence of Christ.

Bob
That’s what my parents say 😃

according to most theologians-you are receiving both even when you just take the Body.

I take both when I can. Depending on where I sit, they don’t bring the chalice to the back of the Church and the ushers direct us where to go.

You receive the whole body of Christ in either the wine or bead.

You guys know what I mean–do you drink of the wine and eat the bread?

I receive both Body and Blood each and every time…and sometimes I receive under both forms (host & chalice).

Shalom…

40.png
TheTruth0723:
You guys know what I mean–do you drink of the wine and eat the bread?
The bread and wine no longer exsist it only looks like they do.
From the Catechism of the Catholic Church
The Eucharistic presence of Christ begins at the moment of the consecration and endures as long as the Eucharistic species subsist. Christ is present whole and entire in each of the species and whole and entire in each of their parts, in such a way that the breaking of the bread does not divide Christ
When I take either, I take both.

None of the above!

I receive Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Lord, Jesus Christ, all contained within the Sacred Host 😉

The bread and wine no longer exsist it only looks like they do.
I know. I was just describing what I meant. Do you drink of the cup and eat of the host?

40.png
TheTruth0723:
I know. I was just describing what I meant. Do you drink of the cup and eat of the host?
The word you’re searching for is “species”. So your question of “do you drink of the wine and eat the bread?” would be best worded as “do receive communion under both species?” or “do you receive communion under the species of wine as well as the species of bread?”

In defense of the others, the wording is important. It is a heresy to say the bread becomes the just body and the blood becomes just the blood. It is also a heresy to say that the matter remains bread and wine after consecration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back