At what point does the door to conception get closed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SteelArchangel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some information on Progesterone use in PCOS that may help with understanding that progesterone balances out the female hormones, leading to more regular menstrual cycle and improving the chances of pregnancy. In this case I do not feel that progesterone would be considered in your wife’s case a contraceptive but to assist with regulating her menstrual cycle

 
Not quite what I’m asking

CCC 2379 says: Spouses who still suffer from infertility after exhausting legitimate medical procedures should unite themselves with the Lord’s Cross, the source of all spiritual fecundity.

In the Church’s eyes…what constitutes “exhausting”? I don’t want Christ to tell me after I’m gone that I’m denied Heaven because we did not exhaust legitimate medical procedures. That’s what I’m getting at.
You’ve misunderstood. The Church doesn’t require you to do ANYthing. Not one doctor visit, drug, surgery, etc.

The passage isn’t saying you MUST exhaust all legitimate medical means or even any means.

It’s simply saying if you do, and still don’t conceive, then that’s it.
 
Actually progesterone is just a hormone. I need to take it in order to get and stay pregnant. As far as I know it is not a form of birthcontrol, rather the opposite.
 
When trying to conceive begins to make someone depressed and unhappy, becomes destructive to a couple’s relationship, and/or detrimental to one’s physical health, I think it is pushing it too far and a line needs to be drawn.
. In my experience, there is, however, a limit on how much disappointed hopes one can take, and a point at which a couple needs to move on, put a hypothetical pregnancy in the hands of God, and dream new dreams together.
Amen. This has been our experience as well.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top